Lag / Constant Freezing in Multiplayer Online

Ghosts PlayStation 3

C'mon Activision!  Are you even attempting to fix the server / lagging issues that have been plaguing Ghosts since the last major update prior to Onslaught release on the PS3?    We have all spent good money to purchase your game as well as your DLC, and at this time it is about worthless.  You do not provide updates when you are having server issues. The lack of communication from your support group is laughable at best. 

I contacted your support about these issues and you gave me a link to a sight that says I need to check my home network.  It is not our home networks!  Please for our sanity, and our continued gaming experience fix these issues.

Thanks,

Tyrdran
11 REPLIES 11

Lag isn't always on the game's end, it could very well be on your end of the connection. Even if you have the best internet package you can still cause lag. Internet is dynamic and always fluctuating. It's always good to do a power cycle with your modem and router and if you're still lagging check to see how you're being matched in lobbies. Sometimes you get on at an opportunistic time and this means getting put in less favorable lobbies.

Ghamorra Level 75

Well I have a 30mb down and 10mb up when I run network test on my PS4 at home. I have nothing but PS4 connected.
BF4 runs smooth not 1 lag yet,    BUT COD lags after lags can you explain that, especially new maps are even worst?

grehman

Your connection isn't the only thing that influences lag. Others influence your experience as well. Battlefield runs on dedicated servers so if you're connection is good then there's really nothing to worry about there. Also, if you're trying to play the new maps you have to understand that not everyone has the new maps. Look at the lobby size of that playlist, it's pretty low. This means you don't have the player pool to connect you to the most ideal matches. You could be connecting with players all over the world for all we know, and that's not good.

Ghamorra Level 75

Lag is ALWAYS going to be present in COD. They're never going to be able to eliminate it. The only thing they can do is mitigate it. Personally, I don't think they're doing anything about it. It's really just a luck of the draw for the most part. Where this game to be played on dedicated servers, it would probably help out a lot. BUT, it would cost them a ton of money to make that happen. God forbid they dip into their profits to make the game better you know?

I have 50 down, 20 up internet which is pretty solid. When I play solo, I generally do really well in TDM/KC. I'll get 3/4/5 K/D games and usually wind up going 25-5 or something like that. Whenever I play with my clan mates? Complete opposite. I'll struggle to go even and most cases, wind up going negative....even double negative. The lag is most evident whenever we play foreign people from Mexico/France or wherever. In those cases, I'm usually a second or two behind them. I'll see them coming around the corner, unload mag into the but I die in 0.02 seconds after they shoot me once. After looking at the kill cam, it doesn't even show me shooting at them.

Lag is lag and it's built into the game. It's never going away unless they make some major changes to it.....which I seriously doubt they will.

h1r0l3r

Same with me, when I party up with my clan or friends I have such a hard time with lag.

MidnightSpecial2

I lag too but the other users replying have a point with the lag issues. However, I am experiencing a lot of freezing on Ghosts as well.

Bratinish_

this constant lag start from yesterday when this DLC map pack came out, I`m playing in UK, some friends playing in Germany and Russia and they got same issue. Looks like Activision servers going down. Thats is so anoying.

antidepresant

antidepresant wrote:

this constant lag start from yesterday when this DLC map pack came out, I`m playing in UK, some friends playing in Germany and Russia and they got same issue. Looks like Activision servers going down. Thats is so anoying.

Are you playing with those friends?

Ghamorra Level 75

I`ve tried play with them, but the lag was so big I hade to stop, usualy I hade minimum lag when playing with them in team but today it was unbelievable, and not only me was complaining. So many lost host connections, then whole team kicked out of lobby several times (it never happen before), or other team was kicked out after game starts, that was happening especially on new DLC maps.

antidepresant

Studios