The "Jack Rabbit" aka Bunny Hop or...something.

Ghosts PlayStation 3

Ok, I'm going to show my ignorance here but I see this quite a bit and just wondering how players are able to do it.  I call it the "Jack Rabbit".  Some have called it the Bunny Hop or the Pogo jump or whatever.  Basically it's when a player is able to jump and extra ordinarily high amount almost like he has springs on his feet and uses this to avoid getting shot or working his way up on you.   When I see it it's generally when the other player knows where I'm at and as he get to me,  I see him and start to shoot..BOING...he goes airborne and bounces around  a couple of times until he can kill me.  I call it, "I just got Jack Rabbited".  And it kinda pisses me off!  Sometimes if I spray and pray I can get him in mid jump but that's a rarity.  I had a guy jump off the containers on Freight trying to shoot me and he literally looked like he jumped about 15 feet in the air.  It kinda freaks me out (hense the spray and pray defensive).  Especially if its a player that has a mask or guillie suit!!

Giving the players I see able to do it the benefit of the doubt, I don't believe it's a hack or mod and I don't think its an exploit or cheat but how is this manuever accomplished without some "special" sauce so to speak?

It seems to work as a great defensive move so I was wondering why I don't see everyone using it rather than the amount of players I do.  This is what makes me think it might be something "special"

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75
6 REPLIES 6

It sounds like a Strafe Jump. It's something that a lot of people find hard to master.

Run_N_Gunning_C

I believe this may be it.  Thanks

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Pressing the Buttons harder makes the attack stronger!
Im_Old_School Level 75

What you are seeing is just normal jumping. I use to think like you did, but if you go in a private match with a partner, then press x to jump as your getting shot at, then quit and look at the killcam. It really looks like you are jumping really high but it doesn't feel that way when you press x. Nothing abnormal, its just the opposite of dropshotting really.

Thesandman11

We had a regular party member that used a scuff controller for this kind of thing. He didn't jump any higher, but it of course gave him a huge advantage over the masses that don't use that kind of thing. There's a lot of good players out there using scuffs too, but again, the scuff gives them even more advantage.

A few people/possible users have denied that these controllers add an advantage, but of course common logic and occam's razor dictates otherwise.

And there are those that are just legitimately masters with the stock PS controller.

theroc23

Sorry I didn't consider strafe jumping in my post.

Thesandman11

I call it the Mexican Jumping Bean.  Lol.

Kelloggs19

Studios