Tryhard? Why wouldn't I try hard?

Ghosts PlayStation 3

Okay, listen people, we have gotta grow up. Why do some players feel that they are justified in talking crap when they lose a match and no one on the winning team said anything to them. I had someone call me and my friend a tryhard the other day because we DESTROYED the other team and me and my buddy were on the top...Let me just say "ouch", gotta tell ya that really hurt...All people care about when playing CoD is having a good match, positive K/D, and winning that match, so why do we call them "tryhards" like it is some kind of an insult? If you lost to me and now I'm a "tryhard" I guess that makes you a "not try hard enough..." Have we really gotten to that point of such laziness that when people point out our ambition to try, it is a bad thing? Funny. Thoughts?

Ateo1988
43 REPLIES 43

I say, to each his own. Like you, I "tryhard", I'm competitive and try to win and do my best every game. Others aren't as competitive and they care less about winning or what their stats are. What I have found though, is that if someone is calling you out for being a "tryhard", is that they to are "tryhards" and are just pissed b/c your "tryhard" > their "tryhard".

raabstyle

LOL! All of the "tryhard" used in ur message...hilarious. but yeah, lemme tell ya, these guys that call everyone tryhards, they sure do "tryhard" to be mean. When I play with no lag, I am very good and have a great time. I just wanna have fun. I care about winning and K/D, but if I lose, I say to myself "Awwww, darn," and move on. If I lost oh well. If I win, I honestly don't care that much either unless it's me and a clan I'm with. I just really wanna finish top 2 with a positive K/D and I'm happy. If not, I don't freak out, unless it is directed at lag, not people. they are trying to kill me and win, so why get mad at 'em for it?

Ateo1988

because you are not an MLG player therefore you are a tryhard

NaTuReS_FrEaK

Thank you again, NaTuReS_FrEaK for your super nice, non-troll-like remarks. That's right I am NOT a MLG and YES I tryhard. I don't have to be MLG to be a good player, and I am fine with that. So if I am understanding, anybody that is an MLG actually IS a tryhard, they just go by a different name because they are in a special "elite" group of snobby self-righteous tryhards? Is that right? And because I am not a dignified member of this, I just get the title of "tryhard?"

Ateo1988

cant tell if that is sarcasm or if you really think im trolling lol, the reason i said that is if you ever watch MLG players live stream no one will ever say that they are trying hard because that is just how they play so when people get destroyed from good players (such as yourself) they cant take it and look for a term to call you and the best they can come up with is tryhard, im just surprised you did not get called a camper

NaTuReS_FrEaK

My bad NaTuReS_FrEaK, I thought you were being insulting the way it was phrased. appreciate you clearing that up...sorry. anyway, I have had people call me camper, but I don't camp, I run 'n gun, baby! If I snipe, I don't favor quickscopers, so I will run the map with a secondary at the ready, and when I see a target, I stop to line up the shot and kill him. I never hang in the same place more than a few seconds. I have had people call me a camper because they were pissed they lost. It was actually on the same map as the "tryhard" comment come to think of it. Slums map on BO2, in the "office" or whatever with the plate glass windows, they were camping and me and 2 others rushed them and took them out, and it was the game winning rush, so they called us campers. Don't know how that works?

Ateo1988

lol i got called a camper for getting a final killcam on this player while being on the hardpoint in BO2

NaTuReS_FrEaK

LOL. Hardpoint IS about camping, tho you can't call it that in hardpoint...It's called "securing the hardpoint" lol not camping

Ateo1988

One of the best things is when you get called a "camper" for the final killcam, even though the killcam clearly shows yourself sprinting down a path, going around a corner, and it's THEM simply crouching/head-gliching/corner camping and you managed to pull off your shots before them.

Gerbera

Studios