lag spike and a smg. very balanced. yea right. bo2 is a joke to the series. you can jump into a mw2 game faster than any bo2 game anytime of the day. there are times i can create a new playercard while you are still trying to wait for the damn game to create a freakin team. bo1 was bad at first then as it was fixed it became very good and easy to play even on dsl. mw3 came and i play that daily. bo2 is hardly playable and i now have cable internet. god forbid if you get host on both of these titles. havent been on probation yet but that needs to go. get rid of the moabs. specialist was good and i like support. (most of support anyway) emp and bomber needs to be assault. sentry gun hopefully will be retired as well as ims. helis that cant make the map annoy me. no split screeners. if you cannot have 2 consoles kid just wait your turn. make clan ops have a purpose again please. keep special ops i like playing the missions.
Nothing is going to be fixed! Things will be different, problem is the same (or more) players will join this new title, and the game will have to make due balancing the different connections causing us to think its the game, and not some dudes poor service.
Basically, my opinion is; Let CODGhost be entirly different from BO2. let it continue with the Infinity ward Initiative but with little mordifications and weaponary(futuristics weapons). And on multiplayer, let there be scorestreaks like; swarm and K9.
Ahhh, you forgot graphics. Have you played MW3 lately? Compare it BO2 and come back let us know....I thought I was playing PS2 game at first.
Hipfiring, Hopescopi g, grenade lqunch3rs are returned back to useful.
In relation to BO2 on PS3, in CoD:G on PS3 or PS4, I would like to see:
- larger maps in general
- variety of maps (variety in spacing of objects, variety in size, variety in 3 dimensions)
- greater differences in gun-use and combat pace/decision-making
- a complete rethink and reworking of sniping and sniper rifles
- even more customisation (classes, profiles, choice in general)
- less linear points system (points effected after the match for a win, helping teammates, proximity points or multipliers for match-winning play or events)
- streak rewards being subtle and enhancing a play style rather than all dominant
- increased choice/help over matchmaking or regional settings
- fun playlists specifically for players such as splitscreeners, who typically have different agendas or effect by connection on a game
- more team-orientated match results (ie. 6 players playing as a team (in a team role) typically do better than 6 super solos
- easier to access Player data (more like BO's Player Card)
- "Mute All But Party" setting pre-game, so that such a thing is automatic
I'm sure I have more, this is just what I produced here and now.
- Region Locked matchmaking availability (or better yet, matchmaking not just based on ping, but a choice of upper limit*)
- Better spawning system
- Strict hosting requirements
* upper limit: being able to set the max ping for your games when looking for a lobby (with an obvious penalty of hosting or taking forever to find a host)
Not even sure if this all makes sense.. but that is my line of thinking...
in short, everything. importantly, DEDICATED SERVERS, quit making us host the matchs, you can afford it, I promise. controller logging, everytime someone goes into multiplayer they have to log their controller, press buttons as the game specifies and the game can register that only that button is being pressed, and if the remote dies or gets turned off/changed after the logging make the player re do it. time to get rid of this modded controller shit. respawns, treyarcs top videos includes a dude sitting behind a spawn shooting people coming in the second they spawn for about 5 minutes straight, how is that good or skill? fire treyarc,never let them develope a shooter again. no auto assist with snipers, i know these guys think there isnt one on blops2 but thats not the case, when you hit the sights it pulls. nurf the damn shotguns for a change, theres no reason a shotgun should be 1 hitting anything from 50 feet away. follow medal of honors lead, if someones sitting in a corner for 10 minutes make it known, unless they're a sniper theres no excuse, cod has become a game where snipers run because of how easy you make quick scoping and everyone else sits in a corner with a shotgun because you feel like a shotgun has better range then an M4. quit pleasing the children, theyll buy your game anyway. make a real war time shooter this time. if some one jumps out of a second floor window you think theyre gonna be on target the instant their feet hit the ground? get rid of al the dumb shit, you already have your market, everyones hooked, you start rolling out real games, leave make believe land behind, youll pull MoH and BF players also.
To your point i will say this...Treyarch has a better handle on the in-game UI, fluidity and controls. IW is better at keeping the game engaging, fast-paced interaction with players and the fun factor. For Ghosts i'm really hoping they completely re-design the game UI especially multiplayer ex. make some crazy looking calling cards and emblems not the recycled shit from mw2-mw3, menus, from gun selection to perks all in their specific categories. Have a much better progression system, make challenges clear and don't just shove them in their, give us a reason to be willing to use everything in the game (multiplayer). Experience wise BO2 hasn't had the best reception but i will tell you this, its the best "designed" COD game to date