Who here actually likes the game? Show the love!!!

Ghosts PlayStation 3

I'm just saying, a handful of people won't be getting or can't afford the PS4 at launch.  2-3 years might be a stretch, but since COD is an annual game, I can guarantee there will be a significantly large portion of players, a year from now, who will still be on the PS3.  Enough for them to keep the servers running.  Hell, the servers are still up and running for old titles.  They're still getting support.  Maybe not DLC, but they're being supported none the less.

The cynic in me tells me they scaled this back TOO much in order to walk people into purchasing the PS4.   And that just sucks

MrPlow-C

ok time to pipe in, so as far as the graphics go yes they need to have a texture pack cause spanning off the disc is just bad for drives specially people on phats that are still alive. This will kill their drives or have. So an install option is welcome.

they could do a high res texture pack too this engine is so freaking old!!! and make it sharper and less washed out its like they crank the gamma to some ridiculous levels.

Now the main issue is the business itself. Microsoft throws all this money to Activision to get the exclusivity crap. In doing so they wont tell you this but the ps3 CoD has always looked bad period. The 360 version is brighter crisper its like a different game. The ps3 always gets a shoddy port had Sony thrown money to Activision before MS things could be different. But still us PS3 users still have to wait a few months till the new maps come out and we still do with this new COD.

Now I do think that since MS is throwing all this money to Activision they purposely make the game look better on the xbox simple as that. Now if you guys know COD the original one started with a modified quake 3 engine, this game still uses the q3 engine mind you its heavily modified. The point is there is no reason COD has to look this crappy on the ps3 period.  Now look at Battlefield 3, Killzone 3, Uncharted , Bioshock, Last Of Us etc etc etc hell even Rage which uses Tech 5 which is a heavily modified quake engine. These games run perfect look milllllions times better than COD there is no reason the games should look any different from the XBOX to the PS3 other than MONEY period...

Battlefield 3 did better on ps3 it had exclusive maps before 360, ran better, looked better , its was pretty wild they got it running as good as it did for the ps3. The xbox 360 version was a mess it had a slower FPS, missing effects, sounds, texture tearing etc etc... Now Battlefield 4 which MS threw money to EA this time which they did not before. The 360 version of BF4 is miles better than the ps3 version and MS gets exclusive maps just like COD so once again we will have to wait for any new maps as the xbox guys get it first.

One thing to be aware of is the ps4 version of this and XB1 version are just the PC version maxed out thats it. This game is not NEXT GEN they did not have enough time to make a TRUE next gen COD. Next year is when things will get interesting but I will say this they need to change the engine pronto huge overhaul on everything.

People who keep complaining about missing modes there also missing in the ps4/xb1 versions of the game they are identical except resolution of the textures, and player size. Which they prob cut it down to keep the FPS at a solid 60 this game runs hella smooth ive not seen any slow down at any point. With ground war and 18-24 players it would be a LAG FEST simple as that and it has to do with the new sound engine and all the sounds and ambient sounds there alot more cpu required for this new sound engine.

They would never gimp the current gen there would be no reason to do this, in the business sense they will sell more of ghosts on 360 and ps3 than the new consoles!! 

Patches could fix alot of issues they could at least like in blops 2 release a patch to fix the blurry textures at least make them more clear and less gamma.

toolofopiate1

I will have to respectfully disagree. I do not care to play like I am looking through a haze. The game is not nearly as clear as Black Ops 1or 2.

Graphically I see little to no improvement to #2.

I gave Infinaty Ward a second chance as I disliked Madern Warefare 3 for the same reason. Shame on me, they will not get a 3rd chance. Treyarchs' mapping capabilities dwarfs what IW is putting out. If I could return the game I would and wait for the next Black Ops.

Richter47946

The textures and blurriness will get a patch just have patience dude. Their is a lot of good here yes the haze sucks lower the brightness in game it does help or adjust it on your tv..  its only temporary!

toolofopiate1

Great post man..!! Great to see positives. I have several friends who are talking about going back to BO2 because they don't like the large maps or campers having more places to hide. Something to go along with the comment about it taking less bullets to kill people...I like the idea. Sure I die faster, but so do they. i think people have problems with that because, now its not as hard to kill them anymore. People are gonna hate. I like the game. Been playing every since BO1. It is gonna take some getting used too, but so did every other game. They will come out with patches to fix the less than perfect graphics and the lag issues. They always do. So just hang tight COD fans, be proud and persistent. Destroy all campers and quick snipers. They camp and quick snipe because they can't play good with regular weapons and arnt good at run and gun. In short, they SUCK. So they try to compensate for their inadequacies. Its their "Sign". Oohrah COD. Keep up the good work.

j-dawg_sxty9

thanks dude ! people just dont like change lol! people forget blops 2 launch servers were down for a bit before mp was working. very smooth cod launch as far as that goes too.

toolofopiate1

I am loving the game still, but the install option is a must for textures my ps3 sounds like like a jet engine! I recommend breaks every 2 hours think of it like watching a movie than take a break, a 8 hours session would kill your drive.

toolofopiate1

Studios