Can't mute mic... How to?

SOLVED

Ghosts PlayStation 4

Highlighted

So I can't mute my microphone on either the controller or the Playstation Camera... how the hell do I turn this shit off? I don't want to be broadcasting every single damn conversation I have while playing MP COD...

Nilotec
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've searched every option I can find Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.... ridiculous...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67839346

Nilotec
9 REPLIES 9

Did you try unplugging your headset?

iAmEFFeX

I dont have one plugged in...A for effort

Nilotec

I see.

I don't have the camera, I'm not too sure. I didn't even consider it would be using it's microphone for multiplayer. Did you check the PS4's settings menu?

iAmEFFeX

I've searched every option I can find Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.... ridiculous...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67839346

Nilotec

yeah everbody is having this problem as i. i just unplugged my ps camera, and as for my headset, the mute button doesnt work right now, i guess because it needs to be compatible with the ps4. we just have to wait for another system update which will add the option to mute the camera and headet

leatherneck1985

I got it to work doing the following items:

- Disconnected the camera.  The camera has a built in microphone.  The controller has a speaker but no microphone.

- I'm using a standard stereo headphones without a microphone.  If you use headphones lets say from an iphone, that still has a microphone.  The headset that came with the ps4 has a microphone but with a mute switch.  You can determine if your headphones has a microphone if the input jack has 2 stripes (stereo), or 3 stripes (stereo with microphone).

TNT951

You don't need to disconnect the camera if you plug in headphones to the controller. It should prioritize the controller for mic input. Regardless, the situation isn't ideal. Just finished a live chat with Activision support and here was the (fairly canned) response:

Mark C: For your question, just to inform you, we are aware of this issue. Not to worry, I will be noting everything here in details and I will let the other teams know about this one so that they can take part on this and be aware of your suggestion and good intentions for the betterment of the game. For now, we suggest that you may have to wait for updates with regards to your concern with the functionality issue. I will forward this details to the appropriate party. You may have to wait for the next update, though we do not have available information for that as of this moment. But just to set your expectations, these type of cases might take a long time to investigate as they are manually checked for a thorough and accurate process. I would like to thank you for your utmost patience and understanding in advance regarding this. However you can always check your case for updates by logging onto https://support.activision.com select My Support then My Cases.

Mark C: Not to worry, we will provide you updates for that and we will do our best to investigate on this matter. Not to worry, feel free to contact us back if you have more concerns with Activision or other COD game titles and we'd be glad to help you out.

Nilotec

Go to Settings > Devices > PS Camera and set it mute.

mbelaunzaran

I would like a fix for this as well.  For me it's a pain to unplug the PS4 Camera to disable my mic.  I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with my background noise for the times I don't create a chat right away.  We should have a way to disable our mic by default for CoD WW2 or even better, a way to disable the PS4 Camera mic. 

From a programming aspect, I'm guessing the later may not be an easy fix, but I have to imagine adding an option and saving that flag to a user should be fairly easy.

Thanks.

agentwolfwood

Studios