How Much Internet Usage Will Online Games Use?

Ghosts PlayStation 4

Hey,

I got a PS4 for christmas and started to notice online games starting to lag. So I have decided to upgrade my connection from a 3g connection with unlimited data usage to a 4g connection with a 20gb useage. If I'm playing games like Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 maybe 2-3 hours for maybe 5-6 nights a week will I stay underneath my useage?

Any help would be great.

MosseLad17
12 REPLIES 12

Yeah you will go over your data limit and the reason why you are lagging is because you are on a cellular connection. they are not reliable connections for online gaming you need to invest in High Speed Cable or ug that god awful DSL but people that use Cellular data to play online are what makes the game unplayable bro that connection you have not only affects you but the rest of the lobby you are in.

vdubpdx1982

I used my mobile hotspot last night cause my WiFi died for some reason ***** company couldn't get it fixed till today but I was very surprised I played blk ops 3 Zombies for 3 straight hours and only used 1.5gigs of my mobile hotspot that was great I dnt mean do it all the time but it was nice to have a back up in hard times lol......

DukeDevil1004ever

Who do you use for the hotspot? How many gbs/mgbs and how much a month if you don't mind me asking? I've been searching and looking for something fast enough yet affordable. I know in a perfect world I would find such a thing but thought I'd ask.

BigRed887
Highlighted

Would it be similar for WW2 Zombiess? I'll be on 140g per month and I don't want to go over that, it also says things like 40 mbps when I test speed, does that mean it's using that much per second, or that it just has the ability to use that much per second?

Mitty191

I am on the road sometimes and I use my 4g lte. You can play 8hrs every day for the hole month and still not use the 20gb

Nugatu

People use their cell phones to connect online to play Ghost!?

Coolmoos23

Well not a cell phone, more of a wireless modem which you can get for $50 a month and connects good, sometimes better then the hotel wi-fi.

you can with your phone also but you will not enjoy the game because of the lag.

Nugatu

i have a wireless broadband router like you are talking about but im not sure how much data i use with it because my internet plan is unlimited and max speed @ $60/month

godlyintellect

i do have a bit of latency( minor lag) that is noticeable but its not bad, and like you mentioned its not anywhere near as bad as using phone tethering but its definitely not the same as playing on a stable dsl/cable connection haha.

godlyintellect

Studios