Is anyone else dissatisfied with the all the campers on PS4?

Ghosts PlayStation 4

I dont camp, I rush. Overall I'm quite happy with the cod franchise esp ghosts! It has provided me and my friends weeks upon weeks of entertainment, campers dont ruin this game.

If I was going to complain about anything it would be the spawn points, not the campers.

Squarefodder

Having IED as your most common weapon isn't all that difficult to imagine.  True, I've only seen it a few times, but I can envision how it happens.

I'm in the final phases of putting gold cammo on all the guns.  If you only use a weapon until you unlock the cammo, it's quite possible you have fewer than 800 kills on any particular gun.  If you used IEDs while you're leveling each of those weapons, you're likely to rack up more than 1k kills with them.

So, perhaps the IED guy isn't all that crappy.  Perhaps you can't fathom it being his most common weapon because you've only played the AK12 and other "ideal" setups.

Personally, I find it gratifying to toss an IED behind me as I'm moving around.  It's satisfying to get that little "bonus" kill every once in awhile.

Jaden1981

"IS ANYONE ELSE DISSATISFIED WITH THE ALL THE CAMPERS ON PS4?"

This is a loaded question in an attempt to get answers to agree with you. I have never heard a player say "I am satisfied with all the campers on PS4" and as such, you expect everyone to agree with you.

Allow me to throw some logic at you.

If you think there is an abundance of campers on the game, let's say, more than 50%, that would mean a majority of players don't mind camping. That means you are in the minority and no game should cater to the minority.

If you think that only 25% of the players are campers, you are complaining about the minority, which makes your complaining seem a bit silly as you are over exaggerating.

TheBeastlyDude

Anybody can use numbers to make them say anything they want them to say.  Thought of being a politician?

50% of players are campers? Try at least 75% and if it wasn't for rushers the campers wouldn't have a game to play or any body to kill. You would all be sat in your corners, windows or anywhere hidden ADSing waiting for someone to walk past. before you know it the game has ended 0-0. Enjoy

Smelly-Armpits

It's like this almost every game I play on Stormfront in particular. Stonehaven is similar, but it's more "high assault streak friendly", being so open, so I can roll trinity rocket > hind > helo pilot.

80% of games on Stormfront go to time limit, unless you're playing Cranked (which no one plays anymore, because everyone wants to camp, apparently). I dropped my first KEM on Stormfront of all maps a few weeks ago, roaming with a Maverick A2 for the first 15 kills, then discovering the entire other team camping the big building (upstairs from the library?), IEDs and motion sensors galore.

Fortunately I had incog on for that (if you don't run incog on Stormfront, you're dying more than you need to be), and blast shield in my bonus, so I just had to navigate the minefield and empty the room. I picked up one of these bads' AK12s and just proceeded to rush them mostly on my own or with one other 'mate, as my team just camped the other building.

I went 37-0, and the game still went to time limit. Imagine if I wasn't in the game...the score would have been about 15-12. What long time CoD player wants to put up with that? Other CoDs have had faults (perhaps OMA, danger close noob tubing ****** you off, you raged every time the Type 95 rapid fire melted you, or you hated quickscoping with the Intervention etc.), but at least they had fast-paced gameplay, which was FUN.

You can't argue that it takes infinitely more skill to succeed while rushing/playing aggressively/simply not camping, than it is to sit in a room with a max of two entrances, invisible explosives covering one and your LMG covering another, not moving. I have no problem with the guy that'll patrol one side of the map, because he's looking for kills and he's using a tactic that would see him die less to the game's tragic spawns. I have no problem with the guy that sees four noobs huddling together holding each other's *****, and decides to headglitch to take them out for a sweet multikill. Smart.

Everyone is entitled to play as they want, but you can't deny that flat out camping (not covering a chokepoint as someone mentioned earlier) is cheap. It's no coincidence that Ghosts is so unpopular, that numbers are rapidly dwindling, and that the game is boring since the campers started multiplying.

RL317 Level 75

When games start ending 0-0 organically, as in people don't do it for the sole purpose to do it, then let's have a conversation about it. Since most games end with a winner, your point is mute.

TheBeastlyDude

So, "let's wait for the game to be completely trashed before we change things for the better, despite the fact that by that point everyone that actually contributes to a game's score would have left to find a better game with a better community".

Camping is a GROWING trend; I guess you haven't heard the expression "prevention is better than cure".

And camping could certainly be compared to a contagious disease in gaming terms.

RL317 Level 75
Highlighted

Yes, because hardly any of the games that I played on Ghosts since I got my PS4 exactly a week ago reached the the score limit.

The game is boring and too defensive (I thought it was a BF Clone with worse animations at first.). I had never played any CoD before this one and to be honest this hasn't really convinced me to bother with another CoD game again..

Gladly, I have now given Ghosts to my brother. Hopefully, he will want to keep it because frankly I really don't want it back.

There is tactical camping and there is just blatant no gun skills camping. In this game there is too much of both and it makes the game dull and boring.

Smelly-Armpits

Im more dissatisfied with the whining about how others should play the game.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

LOL ... you need to find better lobbies or learn how to rush better.  I'm not trying to be insulting here but when I'm in a lobby, it's non-stop action.  Even if the other team wants to camp it out.  I had heard that PS4 is a camp fest before making the jump but it's no more campy than PS3 and it's no more campy than BO2 was.  Now if you're playing FFA, I hear (haven't played FFA myself) that camping is an issue but in all of the 6 v 6 modes, I don't see a problem.  So if you are playing FFA then it's time to lace up your running boots and join the 6 v 6 crowd.  There will be campers but good rushers have been dealing quite successfully with campers for years and Ghosts is no different in that regard.

I remember a TDM match against a team of campers on Octane where they decided to hold up inside of Pinkies.  I wasn't dumb enough to run in there repeatedly.  So I picked them off as they poked their heads out until I got my Loki.  Then I dropped the Assault Jugg right down through the roof of Pinkies and watched them scatter like rats.  I ended up going something like 34 - 3.  Whether you are facing campers or rushers, the smarter player will always win.

phxs72

Studios