Is anyone else dissatisfied with the all the campers on PS4?

Ghosts PlayStation 4

I've actually set up an anti-camper class now, consisting of a Panzerfaust, 2 C4s, 2 thermobaric grenades, strong arm, reflex and recon. You'd be astonished at how weak the Panzerfaust is, and at the end of the day I'm gimping my playstyle and perks (and doing worse overall) just to try and counter these idiots, only for more campers to show up the next game/lobby, while they continue using the same cheap class without having to adapt.

That isn't fun whatsoever.

RL317 Level 75

That is what I have been saying the past 2 weeks on a couple threads.

One guy went as far as to say that rushers ruined CoD... LOL!

You are right, if everyone used their tactics, even more games would end on time limit... more than they currently do. Ghosts caters to the camping playstyle in so many ways.

I actually saw a guy with the the most used weapon as an IED a few weeks ago... mind blown on how that is even possible lol. He/she had a 2.3 k/d.

They made large maps and lots of cover to try to facilitate all types of gameplay. What ended up happening is people stopped playing aggressively and instead, just lean/head glitch behind cover, picking off the few brave individuals dumb enough to attempt to play at a fast pace.

The campers still sit in buildings, many SMG users have gone to the AR gameplay, so what happens? All the cover designed for aggressive players to cross open areas already has someone waiting on the other side leaning. So either he picks you off with an AR or his buddy in one of the buildings does.

There are some games where I say f*ck it and sit in a building just so I don't keep getting shot from across the map. Being killed by people you never see is what Battlefield is all about lol.

There are so many second story windows/ledges, and so much cover to hide behind. When 90% of the maps (not counting DLC) grant you that much range, you can't really blame the players for being advantageous... though there will always be the typical douche bags. When ghosts released, it was a game that favored maybe 10% of the community (the "tactical") players... we have all seen how many people are back on blops2 . The new DLC maps are bringing that good old CoD feel back, slowly but surely. I think we have all had enough games on stonehaven lol.

Like I have said in other threads, campers do not sit in buildings because it is "fun", despite what they may tell you lol.

I'm saying this from a running solo perspective... running my with usual team, we literally shit on campers, all it takes is one call out and they are done.

Campers will always be in this game, whether it is lack of gun skill or trying to nurse an irrelevant k/d. When a CoD game makes that style of play so easy and rewarding, that is when there is an issue. People can try to argue it many ways, but ghosts is unpopular because it is a slow ass boring game. Maybe I am wrong, but my friends list is full of people playing blops2 at the moment for a reason.

Mikenasty_1

This will always be a topic of discussion unfortunately.

it honestly is what it is. I almost sold the game a couple days ago because I was so tired of it, but I turned on some older cods instead and guess what? They were camping in that game too. So there are a couple ways I handle it. One is to turn the game off completely and play something else, or just leave that lobby and go into a new one. The second and the funniest one is I camp myself. I pick my camper class that has all the necessary stuff needed like IEDs and all that, pick my spot, and camp my *** off. Went 30-3 in FFA earlier today doing just that.

I find it funny because nobody likes campers, including other campers. It's all fun and games until it happens to you, and it's the most satisfying thing to do when I get in a campy game because it pisses those camping off and keeps kills away from them. I can camp or rush, just depends on how the lobby I'm in wants to play.

Now something to really get mad about more then camping is using nuke tubes, tracker sights and heat signatures with LMGs and all that stuff. I can deal with someone sitting in a corner, but playing with any of those items makes me lose a lot of respect for you and your game because it takes no talent to use them.

Just my 2 cents.

llarc84

Tracker and thermal become more necessary when playing dropzone due to the scads of smoke thrown.  Then you have to completely change your classes around when you play normal modes, which most of us forget to do.  I do like that I can toggle the thermal off so that I don't have to back out and reset my classes.  Same sight for different modes. 

MCCOMINATOR2

What baffles me is seeing the majority of campers using a thermal/tracker sight on their suppressed M27. If you're "easy moding" and already have the drop on people playing the game normally, why do you need to have your targets lit up like a Christmas tree?! They're cheap attachments anyway, for people that are generally too lazy to aim (if you use one on Stonehaven or to pick out someone laying prone in a bush on Prison Break, then fair play to you).

Tracker sight is obviously one of the scrubbier things to have been adapted from BO2, and thermal optics should be left on sniper rifles or marksman rifles.

RL317 Level 75

It 's mainly in hardcore. I've always been a hardcore player but don't like all the camping in ghosts hardcore. They always have said hardcore is for stick skilled players but not anymore. certain maps in HCTDM can be a snooze fest. & not even reach 75 before time limit expires. In core there is a lot  more running & gunning so I've been playing alot more core lately. I use to hate core lol

whiskey_49

HCTDM, especially in this game gives HC a bad reputation. HC dom is a lot of fun, and very fast paced. I hate having to run HC TDM during clan wars, because you literally never see anyone.... What will happen first, the time limit or kills? lol

Mikenasty_1

Well I had a lot in core but in clan wars worked on a HCDOM match and not a whole lot of people were camping. Now i had to go back to core. People are right when I'm with buddies they don't last. But when I'm playing late at night (which most of my hours on CoD are played) it gets old real fast. and not all campers are a issue its the ones sitting with the cheap classes that mow you down in seconds that piss me off, and in HC where it takes even less to kill you + with ghosts having crazy strong guns then any cod I've played. Got on Blk ops 2 and wasn't use to having to spend so much time shooting people. I know complaining doesn't do any good but it just gets too you and last night the lobbies were so bad i spent half my games raging

xXPRo-PRoDiiGYX

I'd rather have a game full of campers than one catered entierly to rushers. To be honest this game actually allows for the best of both worlds.....camping and rushing. I guess truly a lot of people prefer camping to rushing.

BO2 catered entirely to rushers and that was just a cluster fuck of a game due to terrible spawns, enhanced mobility on all classes and the fact that radar was spammed every 30 seconds.

Scotland-Rules

I will admit i have none of my CoD buddies some i"m doing a lot of solo play so i run into them a good bit more than i would. But with IED's and the extra lethal perk they have pretty much any vantage point and you can't really get to them.

xXPRo-PRoDiiGYX

Studios