Sledgehammer: Quickscoping and Camp Fest?

Ghosts PlayStation 4

When I heard this game was going to be set in the future, I was so pumped for it. Seen a few clips of AW, and I have to say, I'm worried. Great ideas with the Exo Skeleton movement and customisation, but with the clips I have seen, quickscoping will be back with a real vengeance, and it sounds like they're actually encouraging it. The clips I have seen are a 1 hit kill everywhere on the body, and missed by feet!!! Take out auto-aim assist, one hit kills from anywhere below chest and make it so that you actually have to aim for about 0.3 - 0.5 of a second. Not saying I prefer Battlefield, but they have sniping down almost perfect.

This game will also be a huge camp fest. So many places to hide because of the double jump ability, and the pick 13 system will make the ghost/assasin perk the go to tier 1 perk for 50% - 75% of the players. I think if they are in the same area for more than 20 seconds without moving a few feet, they should be able to be seen behind walls like that support killstreak in ghosts. And I really hope they don't have a camping streak, such as the super iron dog who's bite reaches 20 feet away from his mouth!

I'll wait to pass judgement until I have played it, but it looks like we'll have to wait until treyarc saves us COD players from 2 years of misery!

jayk1982
24 REPLIES 24

So you have summed up the game after a short, first multiplayer video. Gotcha.

I grow tired of reading foolishness. $60 is nothing. That's about $5 a month you pay. If you don't like it, sell it. Simple peeps

lykbutta

its not just because the trailer, but also what sledgehammer have been saying. This game is going to have a high skill gap. If you have a job and you like to kill some time in the evening by playing some COD, sledgehammer don't want you playing the game, basically. They have said their will be a high skill gap which will cater for people who put a lot of time into the game. What's the problem in people like me who like to have fun playing my playstation Casually? It's therefore going to result in a lot of camping, because all the keenos who either don't have a job, the students who can't be arsed to go to lectures, and the pro players will be far better, and the result will be a lot of rage quitting and camping because that's the only way some players will get kill streaks.

I only rant, because for 6 of the last 7 years there's been one game which has kept me playing for more than 3-4 weeks. I'm not one of these people who get negative at COD for no reason. This game will mean that I will have had my PS4 for 2 yeas without playing the one game I love playing more than any other. Mark my words, this will fail miserably sadly!!!

jayk1982

I have enjoyed many an hour on COD and feel my skill level is far above average. I do work 40+ hours per week, mid 30's and have no kids so I have plenty of time to improve my skills in the game. relax and wait for the game to actually come out. I bought Black Ops 2...hated it...and sold it for $45. I lost $15 yes, but I'm not going to keep playing it raising my blood pressure and not having fun. That particular title just wasn't for me.

lykbutta

man the more u play the more you get good at it. its just right in every cod ... no in every thing in life.

you cant complain about it

MOUSTIXPLCT

You know the game hasnt been released yet right? And the devs are still polishing it, right? So, dont be fretting before it even comes out.

Shadowelite555

Shadowelite555 wrote:

You know the game hasnt been released yet right? And the devs are still polishing it, right? So, dont be fretting before it even comes out.u

You are right that the game is not out yet and the devs are still polishing it. But for the game to be polished there must be positive criticism and feedback.

Its, indeed, from what we have seen on a few minutes trailer that we make all these assumptions. But Snipping and quickscoping was emphasized on the trailer.

And also I have already seen from videos on Youtube, from those Youtubers that they had the privilege to already play the multiplayer game, that they have already been triple kills as well as quad feeds.

So, in order for the game to come out balanced, we must start criticizing in a positive manner what we as the community don't see well. In this order the final product, as we all hope, it will be well balanced.

Remember the outcry that has been for nerfing snipping and  quickscoping as well as the efforts that have been done from previous titles in this direction.

Snipping and quickscoping cannot be op again.    

C_CHRIS11

This is just my opinion, from what I seen in the trailers and Gamescon gameplay, sniping is pretty fair. And we only seen one sniper so far ( the Mors ). The ADS time on it was pretty fair as well. It looks like a chest up OHK. With Ghost, the ADS time on the USR was fast, but from what I seen so far, AW sniper rifles probably wont have any USR style speed.

Shadowelite555

Dude... as the other two have already said, wait until you actually play the game.

Let the food reach your table before you start talking about the steak not being cooked to your liking because you overheard the cook saying "Well done!" to the waiter. You won't know what he/she was talking about until you've cut your own steak. (I know, metaphor. But what can I say? I like 'em.)

thaesino

Great analogy. Can't argue with that suppose. Like I said though, what worries me the most is what SH have been saying with regards to their being a skill gap. I think I'm above average player, with a KD of 1.5 - 2 in the last 4 CoD's, but the people who put in the most amount of time will have a huge advantage and it will make it far tougher on the casual gamer. I really hope I'm wrong. I have pre-ordered the day 0 edition, and I will wait with baited breath for the game, but do you honestly think that they're making a game for the casual 'veterans' like myself and the majority of the community who play to have a bit of fun? I'm all for them trying something new, I just think this is a step too far.

jayk1982

Studios