Xbox One getting dedicated servers for Ghosts.

Ghosts PlayStation 4

Re: Xbox One getting dedicated servers for Ghosts.

in reply to iAmEFFeX

Maybe the next COD Title for the PS4?

BanHaMMer2

in reply to lykbutta

I suspect there may be a relationship about the timing of this announcement and the lack of a release date for the X1.

Playstation release is confirmed for November but Xbox maybe pushed back until next year. (although kotaku thinks late Nov?)

Are Xbox looking for assistance from Activision to stop people buying a PS4?

Must admit it's quite a clever tactic by MS, but with the amount of releases for PS4 and the fact it will launch first added to which Sony have been consistent all the way about DRM etc. Maybe MS are worried they may lose out in the Next-Gen.

I'll be getting a PS4, this is one game in the Next-Gen era.

WolfRidge

in reply to lykbutta

I've being thinking about this since MW2 with the DLC Map Pack and month early before any other console, if M$ what Cod to be an XBOX only game I say let them get it, today just show us all that they're all hell bent in trying to do it and tbh with ya would any one of us miss it really, let's face it people we've always being the worse end of stick here (yes I'm incuding PC gamers here aswell as Playstation gamers too) it would be a cold day in hell before I go out and buy a XBOXone

madridboy86

in reply to lykbutta

If the PS4 doesn't get dedicated servers I'll be moving to Battlefield.

I enjoy the multiplayer experience CoD offers, but I'm going to be moving from a 360 to a PS4 with this next generation of consoles. I'm not going to buy a game that the creator isn't properly supporting. If Activision gimp the PS4 version, then no reason for me to purchase.

I've been wanting dedicated servers for a long while now. To make dedicated servers exclusive to only one console is a slap in the face.

There's no excuse either. Like others have mentioned, other games offer dedicated servers without the use of Microsoft's Azure servers. If Activision doesn't want to pony up the cash for the PS4, then don't expect gamers to shell out $70 for a game.

alamarco2

in reply to alamarco2

Sony is the one gimping their whole online service.

Vrruumm

in reply to lykbutta

Hey guys, if you go to the link below

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/20/call-of-duty-ghosts-will-have-dedicated-servers-on-xbox-one/

The tweet from Infinity Ward stating that the dedicated servers will ensure that the premier experience is on Xbox 1. This to me says that Infinity Ward will not be persuing dedicated servers on the PS4, which is bullshit. If Gamescom ends and PS4 doesn't get dedicated servers, then activision can count on not getting any more money from me, period. I don't care what game. If it has an Infinity Ward/Activision/Treyarch/Neversoft or any name developer associated with this game stamped on the front, they will not get my money. This is bullshit.

SoG_Hanix_PC

in reply to SoG_Hanix_PC

Microsoft is giving all multiplayer games on the Xbox One dedicated servers.  Sony is not.  What do expect?

Vrruumm

in reply to SoG_Hanix_PC

Everyone is so quick to point fingers....it's Activisions fault.....it's IW's fault.....I'm not buying COD.

You should realise these servers are something MS is providing for their games on the Xbox one, it's not Activision, it's not IW.

Everyone should read vvrruums replies...he has his info correct.

Bottom line you should ask Sony why you're not getting the same services their competitor is offering.

jasonroloff

in reply to jasonroloff

By your logic, Activision should be giving us dedicated servers on all platforms because that's what their biggest competitor is doing; so good job with the logic fail.

SoG_Hanix_PC

in reply to SoG_Hanix_PC

Actually if Sony cared so much about multiplayer games they would have invested their own 300,000 servers for every multiiplayer game like Microsoft has.  Again this is Sony's fault not anyone else's.

Vrruumm

Studios