Xbox One getting dedicated servers for Ghosts.

Ghosts PlayStation 4

Re: Xbox One getting dedicated servers for Ghosts.

in reply to Vrruumm

The funny thing is...you people don't know what you're talking about.  Sony will be introducing a cloud based streaming service to unite the playstation ecosystem.  Not to implement dedicated servers although we all know with the introduction of paying to play online, Sony will be putting that money into it's online infrastructure.  Which may bring about dedicated servers but surely not to be used by a third party developer.  I'd tell Activision to screw off, and to support all platforms equally.  If that means using some of the Multi-billions of dollars COD has generated, I don't think dedicated servers will put a huge dent in their deep pockets of greedy money.  Using Microsoft's servers instead of implementing their own...pshhh, how pathetic.

danielcooper2

in reply to danielcooper2

danielcooper2 wrote:

I'd tell Activision to screw off, and to support all platforms equally. 

So you want to hold back the Xbox One version of the game back?

Vrruumm

in reply to Vrruumm

Your sentence is flawed.

On a more serious note, Activision should grow a pair, and implement their OWN servers for all of their customers to use.  Xbox, Playstation, Wii, any potential customer.  This is a very bad message to consumers because it makes us look inferior.

danielcooper2

Also, if Microsoft planned to provide dedicated servers to all Xbox one multiplayer games....then why is this news?  We know titanfall and ghosts will use them, but what other 3rd party games will take advantage of this new "deal" with Microsoft.  I mean, if Microsoft has the servers available for COD to use then so be it.  Nothing we can do.  However I still believe that Sony should not be penalized for not handing out servers for a studio to use for a game that they did not work on or own or whatever.  Yes, it sucks that Playstation will most likely get the shaft again.  But good thing Sony is on top this time around.  I hope Microsoft Activision, heck, even EA go down the whole supporting such a disgusting company. Sorry DICE.

danielcooper2

Someone said in another post that Microsoft made it their responsibility to provide servers to games such as COD.  I admire their use of resources and to provide this to their customers.  But I think it makes Activision and IW look bad.  One day Sony may provide the same for us.

danielcooper2

danielcooper2 wrote:

Someone said in another post that Microsoft made it their responsibility to provide servers to games such as COD.  I admire their use of resources and to provide this to their customers.  But I think it makes Activision and IW look bad.  One day Sony may provide the same for us.

I gurantee IW will look bad if they haven't changed their netcoding from MW3. That's what I'm putting my money on.

DecisiveBlow1

danielcooper2 wrote:

The funny thing is...you people don't know what you're talking about.  ....

danielcooper2 wrote:

I don't think dedicated servers will put a huge dent in their deep pockets of greedy money.  Using Microsoft's servers instead of implementing their own...pshhh, how pathetic.

oh dear g-d do you have any idea how much it costs to build a server farm infrastructure? or how many servers you need to adequately cover the main player populated areas?????

you've basically whined on every dedi post now how unfair things are..same facts apply you're complaining that dedis for XBOX ONE were announced at a MICROSOFT event.

is it Atvi's fault microsoft had thier own server infrastructure already no, are atvi wrong to use it heck no.

Pcs are 100% getting dedis and have done on previous games didnt see you whining then? and again instead of preempting something you clearly have no idea about to whine why noit just wait and see a bit longer

Maccabi Level 75

in reply to lykbutta

A platform should never have to help lift up and support a game that they published, it should sink or swim on it's own; and in this day and age, even the worst FPS games have dedicated servers, including Dust 514, which is F2P on PS4 and PS3. So why is it, that the single company that makes the most off of their FPS game, still hasn't implemented what is considered to be the current standard for FPS games across the board? Greed is that reason. I expect Activision to pony up the dough, or they can expect to not get my money in return. Now yes, I know Dedicated Servers are expensive, but in the long scheme of things, it could be much more costly to not have them as now they are clearly alienating a customer base by not providing them. If they don't announce dedicated servers for at least the PS4 by the time I get my hands on Battlefield 4 Beta in October, they can most likely kiss my business goodbye forever.

SoG_Hanix_PC

in reply to lykbutta

Why is this posted in the PS4 forum? It is not PS4 related. Mods. MOVE it

macca_96

in reply to macca_96

It was posted here by some one who wanted to get the PS4 people all worked up, and we are. Now guys, these servers are ranked, IW has confirmed that Ghosts on Xbox One will have dedicated servers, so let's moved past that and to the real point; if Xbox One has them, so should the PS4, hence another insentive to get people to move to the new systems; but Activision shouldn't be showing clear cut favoritism in this matter. We can live with not getting content until a month later, but this BS of them getting dedicated servers while PS4 doesn't, will not fly. In all likelihood, if IW doesn't announce dedicated servers for PS4 today, we won't be getting them, and IW can kiss a lot of our money good bye.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Studios