matchmaking for the uk

Ghosts PlayStation 4

matchmaking for the uk

Hi hoping for some input from UK players on ps4.wtf is going on with the matchmaking when you live in the Midlands and constantly get matched in with the Spanish and French who invariably smash everyone and seem to immortal.now I just can't see how being matched with the Spanish  can possibly be the best online experience for a player in the UK .surely some sort of local search should be a part of the process.

hylndr
46 REPLIES

Re: matchmaking for the uk

in reply to hylndr

The whole system seems completely random at times. I just played for a couple of hours (for the first time this week i might add because the connection quality i get on average isn't really encouraging me to play the game), the majority of the lobbies i got into had French, middle eastern and Russian players in them, often at the same time...

I'm not from the UK, but i see a similar problem, the French and Spanish are often enough the ones who shoot you around corners and you get horrible hit detection on them along with some WTF-moments, it pretty much feels like they are lagging so much their characters hitbox is still in the previous match.

Raketti

in reply to Raketti

Lol at hit box in the last match class comment

hylndr

in reply to hylndr

Bought a PS4 today after months of should I? Shouldn't I? It came with ghosts and a years free membership to PS+.  Never played CoD before so I expect to get murdered (excuse the pun) I live in the UK and for some reason it tells me that the Ghosts servers are not working and I cannot connect to Multiplayer.  The bit of the campaign I have played isn't bad.

Smelly-Armpits

in reply to hylndr

I am in Ireland and I get the same when i play solo, loads of french (kiss of death for connections), russia and even into the middle east.

When i party up with clan mates in the States the connection does seem to be a little more even and joy of joys, no french

You can't cure stupid, but you can sedate it.
Blood, Sweat and Beers.
gambit1969 Level 71

in reply to gambit1969

I wish there was a way not to play with them, that country is the asshole of the internet. It's a guaranteed lagfest every time one of them is in the lobby.

Raketti

in reply to hylndr

I get melted by so many French players haha! You can always tell because you know they know that they have the advantage, so when you take them out you can hear their equivalent of "That's BS man!!" blaring through the speakers. Never heard any Espanol on Ghosts though; guess I should be grateful as that's even further away from the UK than France (assuming connections work on distance like that, I don't have a clue).

RL317 Level 75

in reply to hylndr

Same here, it's one of the main reasons I haven't bought a headset yet, my French is not too bad, and I know a couple of words in Spanish and German, but its frustrating as no one runs as a team, it's TDM but free for all, with a few allies who are doing pretty much the same. Unless part of a clan or with friends.

The number of messages sent to me in various languages is ridiculous, I have to google translate the offensive message, which is always entertaining. I think I've been called every offensive name from every nationality in Europe. Had very few English messages in comparison.

Now I just mute everyone and play for the objective, trying to assist others as I go. It would be nice to be part of a server which only catered for their nationality, but I've played all of the other COD's and various other online games and all are pretty much the same.

Gonzo75

in reply to Gonzo75

Anyone playing in a lobby with me should be grateful I haven't bought a headset and just run standard earphones. Foreign or not, anyone sat in a corner with thermal LMGs and IEDs would be getting the worst the English language has to offer screamed at them

Funny enough, anyone I've ever sent a message to in Ghosts - friendly or otherwise - has replied in good English. Maybe I'm luckier with lobbies and lag than I first thought.

RL317 Level 75

in reply to hylndr

Hi been searching the net to try to find how the matchmaking system works and according do acti vision it starts with local.wondering if you can possibly get a break down of how many are online in each country pretty sure they track this sort of stat

hylndr

Studios