Another case of server unavailable at this time.

SOLVED

Ghosts Support Forum

I have just bought CoD Ghosts for PS4 today. I have tried all day to be able to connect and play online but all it gives me is "The Call of Duty: Ghosts server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/status for updates."

I have read a lot of threads on here and still after a full day of playing with settings, still not closer to making it work. The servers on the web page where always saying Defcon 5.

I have tried:

-both wired and wireless connection.

-setting the static IP in the router and/or in the PS4.

-uPnP only.

-Port Fowarding only

-DMZ only

-uPnP, Port Fowarding and DMZ at the same time.

-the wired connection straight from the modem to the ps4 (skipping the router)

-rebooting modem, router, ps4.

At all time I had Nat Type 2, except when I plugged the modem directly to the PS4, it was Type 1.

The PSN works fine, everything work fine except CoD that wont connect ever.

I really need help...

ShadowQC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shadow, just something to try..

drop your MTU to 1480 in your router.

I think you also with PS have a setting there too.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Moderator Moderator
18 REPLIES 18

That's odd. I'm actually playing right now and I don't get any error messages. Have you also tried other PSN accounts then check if you would be able to connect using them? Also, try to sign out your email from your PS4 then relogin. Also, do you have a PS plus subscription?

Crinkzkull081

I have a year long subscription to PS plus.

Tried the sign out and back in and it did not work.

For your first suggestion, were you talking about creating another psn email account? Will it use my Subscription from the main account to play online? Else I am not paying another sub to test it out xD

ShadowQC

Ive been playing today, but I am getting the same server error.  I'm on ps network, and everything else works; just not cod.

capnkirk
Highlighted

I'm on Ps3 , always play no problem  until this afternoon  i got the same error  call of duty server is not available at this time

Disco_Rachid06

Exactly. That is why I waited some, then tried other settings and then waited again. After a day, I am pretty sure the server was not downed all this time. But I know for a fact that other people in same town and same ISP it works, and most of my friends across the world it works too. And when they look at the map of the regions playing, my zone is lite up.

ShadowQC

Your NAT type for the PS is normal.

PS NAT is a tricky one. The only way to get NAT 1 is to directly hook the PS to modem (no router).

Most folks should have NAT 2. Alarm bells if you have NAT 3.

What you are concerned with is your in-game NAT type. You want it to be Open,,, not moderate or definitely not Strict.

Notes: Do not use uPnp, PF, DMZ together.

Make sure you are using the correct ports for your console

Achieving Open NAT - port numbers included. Ghosts V2

All the info you need is in the above link. The how to's are in the "additional resources" at the bottom.

________

Moderator Moderator

I have seen your link already in another thread, although it was V1. I had followed everything it said. So when I saw the V2, I got excited that it might have more. I have followed it too and tried it twice to make sure I did not have weird bug or mistakes. It still does not let me in.

The problem at the moment is that I do not care about my NAT type being open or not. I can't even get to the screen that tells me this information since I can't connect to the server. If I get to that page, I will gladly work on getting it to Open.

I know that using multiple functions at the same time (uPnP, port and DMZ) is not a good thing, but like you see in my original post, I had already tried separately and this was kind of a why not test it in case.

Since I have just gotten the game and not even done any single player yet, I decided to try and wipe the data and save data and reinstall. It did from the disk then the update got downloaded, but it still is not working.

I am at a loss of what to do to get this working.

ShadowQC

can you let us know what your modem / router set up is ?

________

Moderator Moderator

No clue if that is what you want to know, but here I go.

It's an Arris modem model TMG602G/115 connected with a wire to a D-Link DlR-655 router. The router have a wired connection to my PC and PS4 and wireless connection to several other devices. Before I had to do anything to this router because of the current problem, I had no idea really about the uPnP checkbox function, so it was on and for my main PC I had port fowarding for my main applications. All devices connected to it always were put on static ip through mac address recognition. Everything always worked like that for no exceptions except CoD at the moment. Right now I have left it over night on no uPnP, nothing getting port fowarded anywhere and DMZ active on the PS4 to see if it would maybe pick up by luck today. With this morning test I can say it didn't. I have checked and rechecked that I really have PS+ and the server are up.

Edit: Oh and it is a Cable internet connection if it helps anything.

ShadowQC

Studios