Call of Duty App for Android Tablets

SOLVED

Ghosts Support Forum

I am fully aware that the Call of Duty app is not available for Android tablets, but my question is this: will it ever be?

The app has been out since day one of CoD: Ghosts (nearly 6 months ago), yet there is no mention of there ever being support for Android tablets. All the forum threads I've come across end in, "well, here's a list of devices that support the app. The end."

A recent article explains, "Of the 195 million tablets sold in 2013, Android took nearly 62% of sales on 121 million tablets, while Apple sold 70 million iPad tablets for a 36% share." 121 million tablets that are not compatible with the Call of Duty app.

I will not pretend to know anything about mobile app development, but it makes logical sense to me that, with support for Android phones accounted for, support for Android tablets should not be that hard to achieve. Is it even being discussed, Activision?

McStiggles
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good news! I was mucking around on the Google Play Store last night and saw that the Call of Duty app was available to download! It says it was released on April 25th. I know it was just a coincidence that it released so soon after my original post, but I like to think I had something to do with it . Thanks Activision!

As far as performance is concerned, I haven't had any issues with the app as of yet. Some of the reviews claim no images load in Create A Soldier, but I have had no such problems (using a Nexus 7 second gen). Good luck to everyone else!

McStiggles
18 REPLIES 18

I was quite surprised that I could get it for my android cell phone, but I can't get it for my android tablet. Seems very strange. So I add my name to the list of people looking for an answer to this question.

noluck07

Good news! I was mucking around on the Google Play Store last night and saw that the Call of Duty app was available to download! It says it was released on April 25th. I know it was just a coincidence that it released so soon after my original post, but I like to think I had something to do with it . Thanks Activision!

As far as performance is concerned, I haven't had any issues with the app as of yet. Some of the reviews claim no images load in Create A Soldier, but I have had no such problems (using a Nexus 7 second gen). Good luck to everyone else!

McStiggles

Ok Stiggles, linky pweezzz

BanHaMMer2

Cannot find it for my 10.1 2014 edition Sammy tablet. Got it for my S4 Sammy

BanHaMMer2

Galaxy tab 3 7.0 now has the ability to download from google play store.

You can always download it from 4shared dot com.

it worked for me.

ImBEATINGyou

@noluck07 wrote:

I was quite surprised that I could get it for my android cell phone, but I can't get it for my android tablet. Seems very strange. So I add my name to the list of people looking for an answer to this question.

Since I didn't found any appreciated answer. What did you think about that?

johnmorgan13

@McStiggles wrote:

Good news! I was mucking around on the Google Play Store last night and saw that the Call of Duty app was available to download! It says it was released on April 25th. I know it was just a coincidence that it released so soon after my original post, but I like to think I had something to do with it tvtap. Thanks Activision!

Thank you for the updates. Solved. Smiley Happy

acharyar35

I am going to check that out tonight. Awesome news.

noluck07

You can obviously install the COD app from third party app stores for a stable release on Google Play is uncertain. So in case you want the old version and want to run it anyways there ya go Smiley Happy 

https://getappvalley.com/ https://test-dpc.com/ https://tweakbox.mobi/

GarryJoshi

Studios