XBOX ONE: Can't join party with friend. Both NATs set to open.

Ghosts Support Forum

Highlighted

Can only play when joining in on them mid-session. Why won't it let us join together in the lobby before hand? When I accept the invite from the Notifications nothing happens. When he invites me from within the game nothing happens. When I try to join on him from the CoD friends menu it says invalid game sessions.

robownz7
12 REPLIES 12

I am having the same issue. I buddy and I are trying to join lobbies and it's not working. We can join a system party but not game lobbies. We've tried basically everything. The only thing that is working is playing the same game and we randomly got in the same server.

bRight_OSX

Everyone I know is having the same problem.  The game is the worst game ever made with the COD name.  It's garbage.  Support is no help at all.  What a joke.  My clan just spent an hour and a half trying to get into a lobby together, with no luck.  Also couldn't get into a chat party together forever.  It is only this game that is doing it.  All other games are fine.

Spacesce42

robownz7 wrote:

Can only play when joining in on them mid-session. Why won't it let us join together in the lobby before hand? When I accept the invite from the Notifications nothing happens. When he invites me from within the game nothing happens. When I try to join on him from the CoD friends menu it says invalid game sessions.

Are both of your NATs open in the network settings (Go Settings --> Network) as well as the game?

Do you both have the correct ports open and a static IP?

One of the above is most likely your issue... you are having a network conflict.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

The ports are open. NAT is open both in-game and in the Xbox settings->network. Even for S&Gs I put us both on DMZ and directly to the modem, still no luck. Was Live just being extra shitty yesterday? I was having problems even joining a regular Xbox Chat party too. Sometimes invites would be sent, other times not. Frustrating!

robownz7

Hi robownz7,

What ports did you have setup? Also, how about your friend's as well? Are other users on your respective consoles able to connect? I mean, have you tried them out to check if what happens? Also, were you able to connect with him before ever since you got the game?

Kind regards.

Crinkzkull081

I have the same problem, we both have open nat we both have amazing internet and we can even find each other in HQ but we cant join a party HELP!!!

evildarcy

Hi robownz7,

Make certain that when you invite him, his online. Make sure that you're using the same ports and disable firewall or security features on your router. If both fail, disconnect your router and try the game. Your friend may also need to do this. If your friend has any hardware or software firewalls/routers then he or she may have issues connecting to you.

Kind regards.

Thisisreal13

Greetings robownz7,

A support case was created for you and you should be contacted shortly by a Customer Support Representative, if you haven't been already. You can view and update your case at the Activision Support website. After logging in, go to "My Support" then "My Cases".

Thanks,

^JG

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

My girlfriend can't join any of my game invits we have 2 xbox one in the

same house 

tucks1979

Studios