ps3 freezes with disc read error 'imagefile28' please help

Ghosts Support Forum

I played ghosts for two weeks with no problems at all..now I cant even play online for 2 minutes or the game freezes and kicks me to the online menu with a message of DISC READ ERROR 'IMAGE FILE 28'

I can play campaign and squads offline fine but as soon as I get online this happens. I have already deleted the utility and reinstalled the game several times with no luck..every other game works fine so I know its not my ps3 is there anyone else with this problem????

GaMBoL-
17 REPLIES 17

now it just freezes in the load screen..this is getting stupid

GaMBoL-

Hello GaMBoL,

Thank you for sharing your concerns!

Are you on a wireless connection? also, please delete your game data folder, I am attaching the link for instructions on how to do this: Remove PS3 game data utility files

Please let me know the outcome!!

Sincerely,

^CA

ATVI Support

Player Support

This really suck,ive tried everything. Several time and is really fustrating to be having to turn ps3 on and off so u can try to get online play with ur friends... this game is good bu the situation makes it look like a piece of s@#% . I was going to buy the new advace warfare but now i wont because i dont want to get rip off 60 dollars , u should be more reaposable about this because ur instruction dont work and we baught the danm thing...@

2MiNiKaN0

my problem is on advanced warfare for ps3, I get disc read 'imagefile41' same resaults

t1subzero45

Mine does same thing on my ps4 but it says disc read error image file 62

walterpeck

But i can play sp no prob and i have to keep downloading the 746mb patch why

walterpeck

Mine does it with advanced warfare reading disc read error imagefile38

Cnewtstyle

I love the lack of support for a game and trying to help me out i should of had gone with somthing else i dont have unlimited internet to keep downloading

walterpeck

Hi walterpeck,

I understand that you are experiencing issues with the constant update download, are you downloading the update on a wired or wireless connection? Have you attempted deleting your game install as well as other associated game files, then redownloading the game and update? Do you have a physical version of the game or was it a digital download? Also, did you acquire it via upgrade deal or is it a stand alone copy?

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

Studios