why does ghost lag so much

Ghosts Support Forum

im frustrated i was trying to play, but i couldnt because there was lag so i tried to play another games they worked perfectly fine and i played ghost yesterday and it worked well. so what the fuck is the problem?

jokujanna
6 REPLIES 6

Greetings jokujanna,

Thank you for posting your concerns! Are you on a wired or a wireless connection? Can you please post you dxdiag so I can know what your set up is? Also, try to verify your cache files: Verify Game Cache Files (GCF) - How To's - Knowledge Base - Steam Support.

Sincerely,

^CA

ATVI Support

Player Support

It's called the game fucking sucks and rewards laggy ppl. Every update makes it worse...hardcore is the worst. This is the last cod game I'll buy and I know plenty of ppl that are just done with the franchise after this one. Serves them right. Terrible programmers anyways.

synthphonik

There doesn't seem to be an issue with the servers for Ghosts as I was checking the servers and they are saying to be under Defcon 5 for all consoles in the COD Ghosts site. You could try the suggested link by shallowboat below for some troubleshooting.

It's not how I say it. It's how you understand it.
Shadowronald

Hey, have you checked if your IP is on static state? If not, you might want to do that. I also did some of the steps on this article on Activision Support. And there goes my lags, sailing off to the ocean.

shallowboat

I don't know but, is there a permanent fix for lag? there are steps you can take to minimize it, but fix it entirely, I don't think so and well I believe lag is not caused by the game, it's more of a connection problem, (e.g. ports, NAT, static IP etc) might as well check and perform the steps on the link shallowboat provided. Peace out.

Wehwehweh
Highlighted

When I go through TDM I do always face lag problem + other players can see me faster while I do have very good enternet 

connection ( 2.5 Mb download - 0.35 Mb upload - 3 m/s ping). Any recommendations !

engrmahmoud

Studios