Brightest day. Darkest night...

Ghosts Wii U

No camper shall escape my sight!

Nap just got lasik eye surgery.  The day after surgery my vision was already 20/15!  For those that don't know that is better than 20/20.  I could even read 2 letters on the 20/10 chart!  The doctors think I might be full 20/10 by the time my eyes heal in a few months.  I can see so well it's just crazy.  Can't wait to try some COD  Ghosts with this new super vision.  Now if this dang hand would just hurry up and heal so I can get back to gaming.

Oh yeah.  In case some of y'all didn't know my hand was crushed by a falling cinder block about a month ago.  So I haven't played anything except angry birds for a while now lol.

like2nap03
18 REPLIES 18

It's good to hear when somebody improves the quality of their well being. No doubt getting your eyes fixed has got to be exciting. I need eye surgery so I can better see the enemy on Free Fall, dam if I can's see poop on that map.

Chad___

Exciting enough that I just have to tell everyone and go out of my way to type it out one-handed on a gaming forum.  I can't get over how well I can see. Highly recommend getting it done if you have the means. 

like2nap03

lol nice!  You get to see the world in HD again   How long did the procedure take and what was it like?

#resolutiongate #hawkeyes

bughunt

The actual procedure took only about 8 minutes but they had me come in early and wait for 4 hours for some reason.  It's painless (you do feel a few seconds of pressure from a suction cup) but you see weird things and colors the whole time and you have to keep your eyes perfectly still.  They give you valuum to calm you because having your eyes go all crazy freaks out some people.  Afterwards your eyes are dry and you have to put in drops every hour or two along with medicated drops the first week.  The dryness and need of drops will last 3 or 4 months.  You also have to sleep with protective goggles and can't even get water in your eyes from the shower.  Also can't rub your eyes. After the first week, if my eyes are healed enough, I can sleep and shower normally but no swimming for 6 months.

like2nap03

4 hour wait for an 8 minute procedure...dayum...

Maybe they were testing just how sure you were about getting the procedure and the relaxant was an offset for the resulting jitters lol

The after care was a lot more than I was expecting.  I'm glad I am a good long way away from needing anything like that.  From how it sounds though, the improvement in your vision sounds like it is worth the investment in time, effort and money.  Almost makes me want to check it out to see if I can enchance my vision any more than it currently is lol

As with your hand, here's to a fast and comfortable recovery to you, Nap

bughunt

I was wrong about one thing.  No swimming for 1 month.  Not 6.  Eyes needing drops will last 3 to 4 months.  Well worth it though!

And thanks.  Cast comes off tomorrow.  Not sure how well the hand will work then but hopefully ill be back to normal soon.  Got a ps4 yesterday.  Can't wait to try it.  Idk if i'll play cod on it anytime soon.  I didn't buy it for that, but I may try that thing georgio set up with the controller max in the near future.

like2nap03

Sure sounds like it really is worth it

Well, time is a great healer and it's one of the amazing things the body does so efficiently.  Give it what it needs and it will get right to it lol

The PS4 has great things going for it, for sure.  Unlikely that I would ever buy one, or an X1, for the likes of CoD.  The Controller Max is a good work around but won't exactly be the same.  Veteran Wiimoters will adjust and adapt, ofcourse.  My only real concern with it would be the "OMGZ MODZ CONTROLLER BANDEDED!" problem that may come into effect.

I'm interested in it and have been doing similar things on PC using the Wiimote for years regarding connectivity, scripting, etc.  Only ever solo games and emulators, though.  Never bothered with doing it online.  PC would be more "tolerable" of it, in a way.  "Dual-Stick exclusive" consoles?  Might be interesting to see how that goes lol

Would be kinda dumb for people to kick up a stink about it.  But I can see it happening when the Pro Wiimoters are forced elsewhere to get their FPS fix.

bughunt

Gamestop is giving $175 credit toward the purchase of a ps4.  I couldn't turn that down.  It came with the last of us remastered and my brother promised to buy me 3 games for it just so I could play with him.  I only had 2 ps3 games.  ine being the last of us.  The other I can get on the 360  so it was an easy choice for me.

like2nap03
Highlighted

175 credit if I trade in the ps3 is what I meant to say

like2nap03

Studios