Call of Duty 2016 for Wii U?

Ghosts Wii U

Since treyarch just got done releasing a game, maybe they'll have time to port something to the Wii U this time around. Maybe the new game, an old game (mw3 please), some dlc maps for ghosts, any thing will work as long as it has wii remote support. I'd even settle for wii remote support for that 007 game activision released at Wii U launch time.

Chad___
19 REPLIES 19

Judging by the amount of complaints about Bo3 (the exact same BS as before despite the extra year to make it) they're going to have their hands tied for quite some time. A_Trey_U no longer has a job converting to the WiiU anymore as his twitter account shows his last tweet displaying the last patch for Ghosts so its safe to say its never going to happen. Nintendo are finished with CoD. Your best bet is to upgrade to next gen and practice the dual stick controls or get the titan 1. I'm going to try and get used to the controls for Xbone. It will cause me lots of anxiety but I'll stick to it this time.

paulywarp7

I almost switched to 360, just before the Wii U was released. I was too cheap to buy xbox live so I would only play on the xbox live free weekends. I remember I was just about to buy an xbox live card and switch console, then I heard that BO 2 was coming to Wii U and changed my mind. Now I gotta wait to see wait to see what console Nintendo is releasing later this year, and if wii remote and call of duty will be on it.

Chad___

From what I heard the next Nintendo console won't have motion controls. So if you want to play CoD you might as well go all the way and get PS4 or Xbox one. CoD is not coming back to Nintendo. Bo3 on 360 only has multiplayer and by all accounts they're having way more problems than we ever did in the WiiU. Its not even that great on next gen either. We have it on Xbox1 and all it does is disconnects from the servers several times a minute in every game. Not one of the problems from the past has been fixed even though they now take 3 yrs to make. Its still a joke so make sure if you buy the game, get a second hand disc and save money.

paulywarp7

where did you hear this from?  Nintendo is all about giving us, the players, options in how we want to play.  they are still selling specialized wiimotes like luigi and mario and peach and bowser at target/best buy/toys r us.  it would be a fatal mistake to exclude wiimotes from the next console.  i think there will be wiimotes/pro controllers/CCPs and the "new" controller for the NX but no gpad.

Elite King

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/nintendo-nx-release-date-news-and-rumors-1289401I

Check it out, I might be wrong. This isn't the original article I saw and I can't find that article now so maybe things have change. And in any case, Nintendo might give us the option to choose our style of play, but not all 3rd party developers do. Loads of games didn't have motion control support for the WiiU, that's why there's so much speculation that Nintendo are dropping it. There was two reasons why I didn't buy Splatoon, 1) I'm not 9yrs old. 2) Its not wiimote compatible.

paulywarp7

yeah, i see it.  most devs are cursed with too many options.  more options the better though, instead of being limited to 1 or 2 controller types.  Treyarch did a great job bringing all types of control styles together in BO2 and G's.

as far as splatoon goes...its not ​that​ bad.  you can squid bag...its fun.  also, the motion controls option turns the dual sticked gpad into a giant wiimote that you can actually aim and control with your hands while shooing and stuff.  i never did like it as i preferred the dual sticks to it.  SBlock likes the motion controls on the gpad...and hes a guy that plays CoD with the zapper, yeah the zapper.  who knows, maybe youd like it, give it a shot and there are heaps of weapons, hats, shirts and shoes to choose from.

Elite King

Treyarch imo ruined the game by introducing other controllers. The motion control is what made the Wii unique, there was too many advantages and disadvantages for each controller but not enough to leave it a balanced playing field. If everyone had the same controller like in Reflex then you can't argue the field was even. Nope, imo Treyarch broke something unique and ruined it forever.

paulywarp7

Wasn't the ccp added to get more people to play the game on the Wii? Did it work, did more people play black ops compared to reflex and w@w? I don't know because I joined in at mw3. I think it's the whole DLC thing that wrecked gaming on Nintendo consoles. If third party game devs could just put everything on the disc to start with, I don't think so many people would have left Nintendo to play on xb or ps. One way or another the extra content should be available for all platforms. I really don't think they quit playing on Nintendo because of there being more than one type of controller.

Chad___

If anything killed cod on the old Wii it was the out of control hacking, not the DLC. In MW3 people left in droves after their accounts were reset for the 3rd or 4th time.

paulywarp7

Studios