Did Miiverse Kill The Nintendo CoD Forums?

Ghosts Wii U

there are tons and tons of posts being made on miiverse about the game, the players, the thoughts and whatnot.

seems like everybody from Miiverse, if they found out about here, would revitalize the CoD forum.

so...with that being said...please dont base whether or not you would or wouldnt sell us a game on the activness or lack there of on these forums.

A_Trey_U had, HAD, and account on Miiverse so you guys can see that Nintendo gamers will eat up your CoD product.

here is the link to Ghosts on the WiiU Miiverse area.. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073083310014/14866558073083310022

as you guys can see, there is stuff being posted there constantly.

we want another CoD game, we need it!  we deserve it!

Elite King
53 REPLIES 53

I get what you're saying.  I don't think it killed the forum, but I think it could possibly revitalize the forum.  I think the forums died because all of us just quit posting.  Heck I haven't even played the game in Months.  I'm certainly not opposed to playing it. 

Maybe this games just needs to sell some more!  I mean I know a few people that haven't picked it up yet...Suuuuuuuuurrrrrrre do wish they would.  

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Ghosts-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00E8A06DO/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

like2nap03

very true.  back when this site was active, and the Nintendo community was poppin i used to log in here every day, now its ike a few days a week i'll just pop in to check it out.

...but Ghosts is so bad and everybody knows it.  even if i bought the game, it would require me to give money for a sub par game that would eventually turn into a $60 table coaster.

you, on the other hand, have an interesting predicament since you own both games, what you choose to put in your WiiU is entirely up to you.

Elite King

Ghosts is bad and everyone knows it huh?  You haven't even played it!  A lot of us on here like it better than BLOPS 2.  It's superior in every way I can think of.  Every little annoying issue BLOPS 2 had is fixed.  And it's only $16 in that link I posted!!!!  Heck I'll even buy you a copy.  Then you only have to buy one for Queen.  Or not.  Either way you gotta at least try it out.  The wiimote controls are SOOOOO perfect and the hit detection is amazing.  Sniping is no longer just left trigger right trigger.  The maps don't have a ton of headglitching spots.  Hardly any really.  I could go on....but we've been down that road.  Get it.  Me want play with you 

like2nap03

Besides.  It's more than likely the last motion controlled FPS we'll ever get.  You might as well end it with the best controls Treyarch (or any other company for that matter) has to offer.

like2nap03

actually i did play it, on the 360.  Queen's little bro has that console and an x1.  so i can sample games to see if they are worth getting or not. 

...but wouldn't it be easier to play a game that we both own already?  i mean its not like you have been using BO2 as a $60 table coaster, right?

last CoD on the WiiU, yes, i agree with that.  ...but on the NX, im pretty sure we'll get it again.  History has a way of repeating itself.  ...and according to the chart i had graphed out, the NX will bring back CoD to nintendo.

Elite King

Easier yes.  But I wish I could get you to comprehend how much better the controls and hit detection are in Ghosts.  I like BLOPS 2, but the controls in Ghosts make it feel broken.  I mean like stupid broken. And there is no comparison to the hit detection.  With the exception of the random Japanese lobby I get thrown into, lag is not a problem in Ghosts.  Just get an open NAT and you're set.  I'm not kidding about the Japanese lobby either.  It does, occasionally, but me in a lobby full of Japanese players.  Clearly matchmaking has failed me in that instance.  I mean really.  Matchmaking cannot fail worse than that.  It's so bad that it's funny.  BUT that is a rare occurrence and when it happens I just leave and search again.

I'm trying SO hard to get you to buy Ghosts.  Once you get the controls right  you won't want to go back.  Also, I really don't want to have to relearn the controls for BLOPS 2.  The feel is drastically different.  Plus the lag.  The frustrating lag....

like2nap03

i can comprehend it just fine.  its just that, in Ghosts, as ive seen through iC0NB0Y's videos, is that everybody camps and turns the game into who can out hide the other person long enough so that i can kill you with nice and easy controls when you walk by.  it may have better hit detection, it may have better controls but then you are talking about the lack of good quality gameplay.  ive seen how people play on the 360, first hand, ive played it myself.  ive seen WiiU videos of how and what people do in terms of strategy.  im not diggin it, its not my cup of tea to play on a map with only 12 players and have to run around a map that is 10 times bigger than turbine only to get killed by a camper and then spawn on the opposite side of the map.  BO2 is more rushing and smashmouth in your face kinda game.  ...as was W@W, MWR, BO and MW3.  Ghosts just doesnt fit in with the CoD lineage.

twould also be nice for you to get on BO2 since i am able to record voice chat online now.  first vid going up in a couple days.

Elite King

I tested it out last night.  The hit detection, even in a private match, makes me sick.  It will irritate me but I'll probably play it anyway. 

I kinda feel like a lot of people failed to adapt.  Yes there are campers, but I've had plenty of matches were people rush like crazy.  Personally I love the maps because they are built for rushing.  I rush.  The guys I play with rush.  And we love it.  I think you would like it.  I mean I know you.  I know how you play. This game was built for that.  Not only does it have better hit detection but they made the game very well balanced.  You have to play differently depending on which weapon you use.  Most of the maps are big which make people think shotties and smgs are useless.  They're just doing it wrong.  You just have to play differently with those weapons.  They also nerfed aim assist all around.  Which makes it more balanced.  They nerfed the heck out of quickscoping (thank the Lord).  Campers can't do "the Worm" as it's called or anything close to it.  There are NO headglitching spots.  Every ledge is either to high or too low to do a head glitch.  They basically took every complaint about BLOPS 2 and fixed it.   I think it takes 2 or 3 stacoms to equal a UAV.  So no UAV spam.  People have to pay attention to find people.  All in all the map design, hit detection, controls, aim assist nerfs, and everything mean you just have to be better.  It's much more skill based and I like that.  Plus people die when I shoot them.  I really like that. There's no BS deaths.  I don't get screwed by lag (except when I get in a Japapnese or Mexican lobby, but those are rare).  And skill wins out.  I've played it at least twice as much as any COD game.  It's just awesome.  And all that isn't even an opinion.  Everything about the game runs and works better.  That's a fact. 

I was concerned about player count but that for Ghosts is holding steady.  Actually had the same number as BLOPS 2 did playing online last night.  Didn't know BLOPS 2 player count dropped that much.   I spent 10 minutes trying to find a TDM match and came up with nothing.  Didn't have patience to try longer.  Is that normal?  Are matches hard to find in BLOPS 2 now?  I was searching on Best.  Lag is bad enough already.  Not gonna settle for less than that.

like2nap03

to me, the connection gets worse on best.  Normal seems to be the best one and any is just recockulous.

Elite King

Studios