Did Miiverse Kill The Nintendo CoD Forums?

Ghosts Wii U

I don't understand how can you possibly like ghost sure you have nice wiimote controls (aimlock) but the game's core mecanics are trash. You talked about adapting and that's not adapting if you're pretty much force to use a m27 thermal with support streaks, ghost is by far the worse balanced cod. smg sucked even the mtar compared to the honeybadger and r5 even those lacked against the m27. The squadmate is the best kill streak in the game and is a support streak!, there's like no incentive for people to move in that game not even assault streaks. There's c4/danger close plus Kaset, m27 slobs, ieds, b vest etc. Ghost is by far the worse cod balance wise, maps wise (there's like 10 different corners in 1 room) killstreak wise (assault, specialist sucked and support is the best). The only good thing  ghost did is the removal of tactical insertions and integrated weapon attachments, I could literally get 70 kills per game and feel absolutely no joy unless I used a smg, game is too easy anyone could hold a high kdr. Also too camper friendly. I wish it got hacked instead of bo2 :v

Sorry I just hate that game is the main reason cod died on wiiu.

darkfox2071
Likes: 33
Posts: 196
Registered: ‎22-09-2011

the main reason CoD died on Nintendo is cuz of CoD 3 back on the wii.  the numbers speak for themselves but you can see CoD 3 sold almost 2.5 million copies and then its been going down ever since...

Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Global Total as of 04th Apr 2015 (units): 0.40m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4936/call-of-duty-finest-hour/

Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One

Global Total as of 04th Apr 2015 (units): 0.33m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4931/call-of-duty-2-big-red-one/

Call of Duty 3

Global Total as of 04th Apr 2015 (units): 2.23m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/4935/call-of-duty-3/

Call of Duty: World at War

Global Total as of 04th Apr 2015 (units): 1.93m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/23991/call-of-duty-world-at-war/

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition

Global Total as of 04th Apr 2015 (units): 1.51m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/39017/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-reflex-edition/\

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Global Total as of 04th Apr 2015 (units): 1.36m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/44953/call-of-duty-black-ops/

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Global Total as of 04th Apr 2015 (units): 0.82m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/51881/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Global Total as of 04th Apr 2015 (units): 0.29m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70961/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Global Total as of 04th Apr 2015 (units): 0.26m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71505/call-of-duty-ghosts/

Elite King
Likes: 321
Posts: 8248
Registered: ‎29-09-2011

darkfox2071 wrote:

sure you have nice wiimote controls (aimlock)

Sorry I just hate that game is the main reason cod died on wiiu.

The first sentence, hilarious. No such thing as aimlock or strong aim assist on wiimote, it doesn't exist.

The 2nd sentence, hackers and bad ports killed cod on the wii, most people had already gone to other consoles by the time MW3 came out.

paulywarp7
Likes: 176
Posts: 443
Registered: ‎18-09-2014

I've been playing as long or longer than you have on the Wii/Wii U and the wiimote clearly had aimlock with the ksg in bo2 and in ghost it had a strong "sticky" aim assists with every gun don't be delusional. When a guy isn't even aiming at you in the killcam and he ADS's and it goes straight up to the head/torso area that's how you know they have aim assits. I've even tested it for myself and if I'm not mistaken you only play hardcore? That's why you probably didn't notice. Also ghost in general had bad sales in every system and if it had bad sales everywhere then you can pretty much expect what was going to happen with the Wii U version of the next game. And people didn't leave because of hackers, the Wii had 40k people playing or more in bo1/mw3 and the games were hacked to the bone.

darkfox2071
Likes: 33
Posts: 196
Registered: ‎22-09-2011

darkfox2071 wrote:

I've been playing as long or longer than you have on the Wii/Wii U and the wiimote clearly had aimlock with the ksg in bo2 and in ghost it had a strong "sticky" aim assists with every gun don't be delusional. When a guy isn't even aiming at you in the killcam and he ADS's and it goes straight up to the head/torso area that's how you know they have aim assits. I've even tested it for myself and if I'm not mistaken you only play hardcore? That's why you probably didn't notice. Also ghost in general had bad sales in every system and if it had bad sales everywhere then you can pretty much expect what was going to happen with the Wii U version of the next game. And people didn't leave because of hackers, the Wii had 40k people playing or more in bo1/mw3 and the games were hacked to the bone.

You're wrong about everything. I still play ghosts and there is no hardcore anymore, not enough players so I've been playing core for several months and use the wiimote and there is no aimlock/assist at all.  Most people left the wii because people were fed up with playing MW3 for months then getting hacked and having everything wiped. Btw, kill cams aren't a true indication either, and if you really paid attention to kill cams you'd notice the wiimote players guns waved all over the place while gamepad/pro controller were rock steady. And that's why it was harder to hit long shots. And that's the last time ever I'll argue on this again.

paulywarp7
Likes: 176
Posts: 443
Registered: ‎18-09-2014

You know Im right that's why you don't want to keep talking about it..

darkfox2071
Likes: 33
Posts: 196
Registered: ‎22-09-2011

darkfox2071 wrote:

You know Im right that's why you don't want to keep talking about it..

I don't know how many times in one week you can be wrong about things but at this rate I wouldn't leave your house in case you misjudge the traffic and get flattened by a car. The subject is old and as boring as the old camper theme. Its a waste of time. But yeah, you're wrong, always are.

paulywarp7
Likes: 176
Posts: 443
Registered: ‎18-09-2014

darkfox2071 wrote:

When a guy isn't even aiming at you in the killcam

You seriously think killcams are accurate?  I mean come on.  It was confirmed LONG ago that they aren't reliable.  They're only purpose is to show you who killed you and where that person was when they killed you. 

like2nap03
Likes: 490
Posts: 4011
Registered: ‎17-01-2012

darkfox2071 wrote:

I don't understand how can you possibly like ghost sure you have nice wiimote controls (aimlock) but the game's core mecanics are trash. You talked about adapting and that's not adapting if you're pretty much force to use a m27 thermal with support streaks, ghost is by far the worse balanced cod. smg sucked even the mtar compared to the honeybadger and r5 even those lacked against the m27. The squadmate is the best kill streak in the game and is a support streak!, there's like no incentive for people to move in that game not even assault streaks. There's c4/danger close plus Kaset, m27 slobs, ieds, b vest etc. Ghost is by far the worse cod balance wise, maps wise (there's like 10 different corners in 1 room) killstreak wise (assault, specialist sucked and support is the best). The only good thing  ghost did is the removal of tactical insertions and integrated weapon attachments, I could literally get 70 kills per game and feel absolutely no joy unless I used a smg, game is too easy anyone could hold a high kdr. Also too camper friendly. I wish it got hacked instead of bo2 :v

Sorry I just hate that game is the main reason cod died on wiiu.

Squadmate is the best?  Man.  Based on that alone you just don't know how to play the game.  I always run assault.  I'll get far more kills with just a sentry gun than you, or anyone else, will with a squadmate.  And when I get a helo pilot the match is over.  I mean over.  If my team has 47 - 50 points I will end the game with a helo pilot.  You gonna end a game like that with a squadmate?  I think not.

I've also tested the aim lock.  It's helpful if you don't know what you're doing.  But for people with high sensitivity it is useless.  You have to keep the wiimote perfectly still for it to hold and it only holds for a few steps.  Enemies can even out run it.  I also found out that I can get on target faster by myself than aim assist can.  Some of us don't need it.  We're just good.  No one is going to dominate a match relying on the aim assist.  It's week.  It's most effective for people camping with low sensitivity.  And I say low sensitivity because if the game senses any wii remote movement the lock will break.  For people with high sensitivity, like me, it will never be noticed.  Unless you're just trying to sit there, be still, and get a lock on.  Poor excuse for losing.

My incentive to move is to earn my streaks.  Campers are just waiting to die.  And if you can't run an SMG then you're doing it wrong.  This is what i'm talking about.  Perfect example.  People say the game is bad.  That's because they actually have to be tactful.  You can't just run around spraying everything like you can in BLOPS 2.  You're not gonna outgun an AR at range with SMG like you can in BLOPS 2.  But you can in CQC.  And that's the way it should be.

And I think the best thing Ghosts did was nerf the aim assist all around and all but remove quickscoping.  You can still quickscope, but AA isn't going to kick in until you are fully zoomed in.  Which means it actually takes some skill.  And it shows.  You rarely see anyone pull it off.

I don't know how you feel about the hit detection, but that seems to be a big turn off that I can't understand.  The game actually registers your shots.  People aren't going to turn on you as you're firing half a clip at them and kill you.  If your aim is true then then they will die.  Less aim assist means you have to be more accurate.  Skill is rewarded, but a lot of people just don't have it.  I'm the most accurate person I know and I have 3.44 KDR because of it.

like2nap03
Likes: 490
Posts: 4011
Registered: ‎17-01-2012

Judging from this post you only play tdm... (In Every objective mode support > assault). Nonetheless, Are you seriously trying to tell me that assault streaks are better than support streaks in this game? You can't have two helos or even choppers up in the air at the same time but you can have 2 squadmates per player at the same time (they also pick up guns and have aimbot). Sorry that's just silly also you have a high kdr because ghost is the easiest cod to do well in.. and don't give me that you can outgun someone with a smg on bo2 across the map if die by an smg and you had an ar across the map that just meant you were bad. Now ghost is even easier to kill people across the map with the mtarx but that's ONE smg and the only useful smg.. The honey, r5, m27 all perform better up close than any smg does in ghost and the big maps don't help at all. Accurate? really accuracy!? The guns barely had recoil in ghost the class with most recoil overall were the smgs... Ghost isn't by any means a "tactical" game you can hold big portions of the maps (which are huge) with a m27 thermal no recoil too. Ghost is infact the campiest, worse balanced, easiest cod in history. there's a reason why it is the less played cod in existence and the one who everyone stopped playing first. Not only on Wii but EVERYWHERE. Honestly the only good thing the game did well was the connections and the hit detection is debatable because you could die in 2 shots across the map. Nap the game takes no skill to do well in and the keyword Aimlock "Works better for those who camp and use low sensitivites" Well how do you think people play ghost? I had like a 2.7 kdr because everything I did in that game was rush with smgs (cbj, bizon, vepr all of them) now when I actually used the ars, m27 I could drop as many kills (usually 60+) as I did with my smgs but I played way slower, campier and generally it was just less fun overall. One day I got on and in my first game. I got a kem with the Honeybadger... You can't tell me the game isn't built for slow/campy playstyles with all the big maps, no recoil guns/high dmg guns, leaning, ieds, stealth perks and awareness perks. The game didn't even feel like cod

darkfox2071
Likes: 33
Posts: 196
Registered: ‎22-09-2011

Studios