Problem with ops challenges - not getting uniforms

SOLVED

Ghosts Wii U

Perhaps I'm not clear on how challenge rewards work?

For example the challenge was to avenge a certain number of kills to receive a uniform and a patch. When the match ended after completing the challenge I saw "2 Unlocks". Checked and it said I unlocked the uniform and patch.

So went into the "Customize Soldier" menu. I got the patch, but no uniform. When I check that uniform it lists a different challenge.

Am I required to complete multiple challenges to earn a specific uniform? It doesn't seem like that should be the case. For example I earned a DEVGRU Dragon helmet by killing 75 enemy dogs. That worked no problem.

Is this feature broken or am I just a moron and I'm missing something?

Whack-a-newbie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm presuming it's the same as the Xbox, each challenge that unlocks heads/headgear and uniforms can also be gender specific, it may be that if you're using a male character the uniform you've just unlocked is for the female or visa versa, hope this helps in some way.

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator
11 REPLIES 11

I'm presuming it's the same as the Xbox, each challenge that unlocks heads/headgear and uniforms can also be gender specific, it may be that if you're using a male character the uniform you've just unlocked is for the female or visa versa, hope this helps in some way.

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator
Moderator Moderator

Interesting. I will try that when I get home. I'll give my character a sex change operation and see if the uniforms I'm missing are suddenly available.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Whack-a-newbie

Just checked the gender idea. I see the same thing BobbyMcGee did. Other headgear and uniforms I've unlocked works for both genders.

Whack-a-newbie

Scratch that last comment. In fact, Rangers Operator seems to only be available to the FEMALE character. That is one of the "missing" uniforms. Also DEVGRU Sniper Basic, Federation Standard Heavy and others are only available to the female character.

Although this seems pointless and disappointing, at least the mystery is solved!

Thanks for the suggestion Tracy. Now I know...

Whack-a-newbie

Hmm... Hmmmmmmmmm... ... ... Hmm... mmm... I don't know man, sounds like another bug... ugh...

GamebroCrazy

Lemmie ask this: If I delete the prefs file from my Wii U (in an attempt to purge a possible corruption?) will I lose anything relative to MP? I've never played a Campaign game so there's no risk there.

It's my understanding that my online MP info is stored in the cloud somewhere in Activision/Trey/IW land, yes?

Just shootin' in the dark searching for an easy resolution...

Whack-a-newbie

ive never heard of gender specific camos, outfits or anything, and a patch is a patch regardless of gender. id say glitch or some type of bug.

BobbyMcGee

edit, maybe the heads, other than that all should be identical. ill check now anyhow.

BobbyMcGee

So i just checked only difference is the head (face, nationality, face camo) and even those are sometimes shared as in one operation will unlock both genders. maybe they all are? damn. oh and there are half the "head" choices for females at least. i still say glitch, what was the camo you supposedly unlocked, would help to know...

BobbyMcGee

Studios