So how do you tell when you're the host?

Ghosts Wii U

There's no connection indicators.  The countdown always starts in the same place.  So, how do you tell when you're host?  Does anyone know? 

I've heard you get framerate drops on maps like Sovereign (if that's how  you spell it) when you're host and I get framerate drops on that map all the time.  Does that map just not run smooth? Or am I hosting every match?  I can't tell.

Anyone have the answer?  A_Trey_U?  Bobby?  M4GNUM?  Padiego?  Mace? Fissure? Pwnsweet?  Jim?  Random new person? Little squeaker that said I was probably a little kid?  (man I wish I had my mic on...)

like2nap03
37 REPLIES 37

I've had some games where the count down started around 20 before I select my class but other times if I don't select my class it's already at counting down from 15.

From my experience the games I had been beasting in going like 50-8 with 8+ caps and still losing because of my of my team. I'd leave those games from frustration with my team. The host migration would start right before I was back at the main menu.

I talk with people who play 8s/competitive (I don't play anymore since IW games are garbo for comp) they say the host has a really strong advantage since they're playing in private matches.

Spacious_Fissur

Me to, I think it's all platforms though... my sister has a PS3 so I'll know when there is a problem on here on another platform

GamebroCrazy

Next time you're on that map and you have frame rate issues, pull out of the game, if you see in the top left of your screen, "searching for new host", then you'll know for sure. That's what happened to me. Yes, I discovered I can be host, me, with my crappy internet and poor set up

WiimotesRus02

yep... if people say they're lagging and you aren't... oh s*** it has to be you responsible... lol

GamebroCrazy

like2nap03 wrote:

So, how do you tell when you're host?  Does anyone know? 

Easy. Everything you shoot at dies instantly, everyone has slow reaction speed and nobody can hit you.

Pwnsweet1

You can be a host by running a dedicated server using your Wii U & have your friends join you. You can either host & play or just being an spectator (host). You can do this by either running a virtual LAN network using a computer connected to a Wii U using a program such as Hamachi (complicated way) or using the dedicated server feature on Ghosts (simple way). Activision was right - there is dedicated server on Ghosts. We've been duped again.

Southpawgamer

Southpawgamer wrote:

...or using the dedicated server feature on Ghosts (simple way).

I think you're the only one that knows how to do this. Care to explain?

Pwnsweet1

First, it's a no win situation to argue with Activision that there's no dedicated server on the Wii U or any other platforms as you can run a dedicated server yourself using your platform of choice. I actually tested running a purely dedicated Ghosts server this afternoon on my second Wii U. If you want to you can run a dedicated Ghosts server on your Wii U 24/7 if you have a second Wii U or temporarily if you wanna host & play & only have one Wii U.

The simplest way of running a dedicated server on Wii U is to host it using a Wii U using the built in Ghost dedicated server host feature. The disadvantages of this are... 1) Only those gamers on your friends' list can join, 2) You need another Wii U to host it 24/7. If you need to change host type (pure hosting, host & play, spectator) or play another game then you have to turn off the dedicated server &/or close the game.

The complicated way of running a dedicated server on Wii U is through a virtual LAN network. You need a computer have to be a to do this. It doesn't have to be a powerful computer to do this. The disadvantage of this is... any gamers can join but you need to send them an envite to join in your virtual LAN network so besides you they also must run the same virtual LAN software on their PCs as yours to join. I can tell you the step by step instructions on how to do this but I'm not going to cuz it's a complicated process Y why go that route when you can do it the simple way.

Southpawgamer

Southpawgamer wrote:

The simplest way of running a dedicated server on Wii U is to host it using a Wii U using the built in Ghost dedicated server host feature.

Sorry, I got lost at this part. Where is the "built-in dedicated server" feature? I've never seen it.

Pwnsweet1

Studios