So how do you tell when you're the host?

Ghosts Wii U

I think it's in the "no option" menu?

GamebroCrazy

You wrong I'm always the host because my connection is around 9.500 kb or more than 8.000 kbs is true I kill faster but I dye more faster than anyone because exist the lag compensation

Hunter_80

this is how it ALWAYS Is in zombies, and im 99% sure multi on both titles works the same way...when you pull host your entire team will pop up on top right corner just like a killfeed during the countdown. it will tell you all those players are "connected". i use to search on best in zombs so i would pull host to avoid the failed migrations which blew because youd either lose 30 grand or literally hours worth of time if host raged. so few zombs players, searching on best would guarantee id pull host due to the 100 ping to host rule. every single time i pull host it will show my id and the other three party members in the same way, expcept the feed is on the bottom left in zombs. multi for blops2 was the same way, cant see why this would be different.

i pulled host last night. went 24-3 one match, 12-12 the next. i really dont think it matters so long as the party is all in the same region. its when players from across the ocean pull host things fall apart...

edit - trey can you please confirm this?

BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

this is how it ALWAYS Is in zombies, and im 99% sure multi on both titles works the same way...when you pull host your entire team will pop up on top right corner just like a killfeed during the countdown. it will tell you all those players are "connected".

I've noticed this, but never thought about it - but I think you're on to something. Next time I see that I'll back out and see if it causes a host migration.

M4GNUM

like i said, i force/pull host every time i play zombies. i have 20 down time warner and am wired. i want a stable connection in zombs, and i dont want anyone backing out after ive pulled out a ton of money. i will pm you a little something...

BobbyMcGee

All my speed tests confirmed that wifi is better/more stable than wired. I'll never understand that. So I'm glad wired works for you.

Do you think it's possible for someone to always pull host when online in multiplayer? Might solve some of the questions surrounding some of the connection gods I run into. Or do you think they only allow one player to host a certain amount of games?

M4GNUM

i know of no way to force host in multi. i imagine the person who is close to everyone is selected, or maybe the most stable connection? idk. my speedtest are identical wired or not, but since going wired ive never had the "server unavailable at this time" message again.

BobbyMcGee

LOL - my wired connection is 7x slower than my wireless. Explain THAT one to me. Activision and Nintendo were no help.

M4GNUM

I really dont know how your wireless is better than wired, if your plugged straight in from the router to your ps3, wired beats wireless everytime, my speed is nearly 3 times better download through the wire. Wifi i get maybe 16mbps through the ps3 speedtest when i pay for 55 down. Through the wire i pull almost 45mbps on the ps3 speedtest. The only way someone would always pull host, is if they have a really strong connection speed wise, ie if they have god tier internet like 300mbps down 100 up. In the uk the best we can get is VIRGIN which have 300mbps down and 20 up. So, i guess people in say america or japan maybe have alot better connection than that, in america u can get 1GBPS up and down, which is crazy, but yeh im sure u will pull host everytime with that. Im pretty sure it goes on who has the best upload speed, bcoz u have to connect to them and them back to everybody in the lobby so a good upload means a smooth game allround.

UCD_28148509963owuPigUudRZdScJnL

BobbyMcGee wrote:

this is how it ALWAYS Is in zombies, and im 99% sure multi on both titles works the same way...when you pull host your entire team will pop up on top right corner just like a killfeed during the countdown. it will tell you all those players are "connected". i use to search on best in zombs so i would pull host to avoid the failed migrations which blew because youd either lose 30 grand or literally hours worth of time if host raged. so few zombs players, searching on best would guarantee id pull host due to the 100 ping to host rule. every single time i pull host it will show my id and the other three party members in the same way, expcept the feed is on the bottom left in zombs. multi for blops2 was the same way, cant see why this would be different.

i pulled host last night. went 24-3 one match, 12-12 the next. i really dont think it matters so long as the party is all in the same region. its when players from across the ocean pull host things fall apart...

edit - trey can you please confirm this?

Top RIGHT corner.  Oh. I was looking left like in Black Ops 2.  I keep looking left for the kill feed too.  I keep forgetting it's on the right.

like2nap03

Studios