So how do you tell when you're the host?

Ghosts Wii U

idk about the framerate drops. maybe something to do with all the moving machinery and railcars and whatnot? that would be my guess...

BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

idk about the framerate drops. maybe something to do with all the moving machinery and railcars and whatnot? that would be my guess...

Only happens when I ADS and try to move the cursor.  I'll have to pay attention to see if it does it all them time, or only in this  "i'm the host" scenario that you described above. 

like2nap03

Always have to remember when hosting - check your connection first. A non-shared connection (ex: dsl, etc.) seems to work in the past but this days shared connection (ex: cable, etc.) seems to work best (typically has a much higher service speed plan) as cable network traffic is less congested as more & more cable broadband network stations provide enough bandwidth on a shared network. Also check if you have bandwidth caps. If you use up the maximum monthly bandwidth limit your internet provider will make you pay extra or cut your internet service temporarily.

Southpawgamer

i dont think this is relavent anymore. hope im right...

BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

i dont think this is relavent anymore. hope im right...

Of course my last couple of comments might no be relevant...I hope you're right too.

like2nap03

At it's current P2P host state, the Ghosts host migration doesn't always come out right. It's hit-or-miss. Sometimes the host migrates to the gamers with not so stable connection that's why you'll get this lag &/or latency problems. If the host logs off &/or goes offline on his game then you'll get migrated to a different host or sometimes you'll get switched to a different P2P host server. This is a problem with P2P. If you have a dedicated server that has a very stable connection then you'll be fine even if the one hosting doesn't have the fastest speed out there. I've hosted multiple game servers in the past at home even at lower speed as long as the connection is stable then it's fine. If you have a symetrical internet connection (the same downlink/uplink speed) it's the best.

Southpawgamer

It's quit hard to tell in this game. My guess is that it is a good sign if your countdown timer starts at 25. (and jumps to 15) After todays 'Server change' hotfix my timer always started at 50 though.

Ryumaou

On the other consoles I heard the way to tell the difference from playing on a dedi server and a P2P is P2P starts at 15 (25) if hosting) and it starts around 50 for a dedicated server.

The same thing happened earlier for me. It hasn't happened every game though.

Spacious_Fissur

Ryumaou wrote:

It's quit hard to tell in this game. My guess is that it is a good sign if your countdown timer starts at 25. (and jumps to 15) After todays 'Server change' hotfix my timer always started at 50 though.

Mine starts at 25 every single time and jumps to 15.   Well, every single time that I was paying attention last night at least.

like2nap03

Mine starts at a high number and then jumps down to 15 as well.  It's always done that though.

PenguinAvenger

Studios