Welcome to Australia and thanks for playing!

Ghosts Wii U

Re: Welcome to Australia and thanks for playing!

in reply to Padiego

Can you imagine, everyone on a level playing field, a CoD game that is actually based on skill. Sounds too good to be true, and it probably is..

WiimotesRus02

in reply to WiimotesRus02

For a brief while I was seriously tempted to just head out and buy Ghosts for full retail price.  I was really liking everything that I was hearing about the game.  Especially after seeing A_Trey_U and the team attacking the current glitches with such speed.

But all the crap I've been reading and what I've seen on the XBox 360...

I was originally going to just wait a while to see how the game improves and then pick up a second hand copy (yeah, still mad about BO2) but was open to buying it new.

It now looks like there is going to be an abundance of used copies and I'm not even going to want to buy one.  Maybe I managed to lag-dodge a bullet this time.

bughunt

in reply to bughunt

I was going to do the same, but people in my clan told me it was 2000% better. Apparently they just meant the wiimote was better. Someone did say the bs deaths were gone, and in the begining, it did seem that way, but its the same I'm afraid..

WiimotesRus02

in reply to WiimotesRus02

I've read that the controls have taken a bit of a dive following the most recent patch, too.  Has that really happened?  That would just add one more item to a growing list of things that seem to be falling apart as time passes.

It's a damn shame too since the game seemed to be shaping up to be something pretty damn fun and enjoyable.

On one hand I am glad that I didn't gamble any money.  On the other I'm upset at what it could have been.

I'm still viewing it as early days, though.  While it really shouldn't have happened to this extent, I understand that a new release will have a few teething problems.  So, I still hold a little hope that the devs can pull the pieces together and make it a game worthy of my money.

Judging from BO2 and what I've been seeing of Ghosts on every platform so far it is sad to say that it's a slim hope.  I'm voting with my wallet and Ghosts isn't earning a purchase, not even a second hand purchase.

bughunt

in reply to bughunt

Controls are better since the last patch, not worse.

Pwnsweet1

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Ahh, that's good to hear.  Thanks for the feedback, pwnsweet.

That's one crucial element nailed down, at least.  Now it's just the issue that you showed in your video that I've also seen on the XBox.  If they can get that and a few other issues sorted out...and keep it that way...then I'll happily toss BO2 in the general direction of the trash can and take the leap.

bughunt

in reply to Godotpwn

Wow that seems horrible, what's your ping? What type of internet do you have?

I live in Hawaii and I once had satellite internet which had horrible lag (Over 1000 ping on speedtests, serious) because of the amount of latency with that type of system. When I played online it lagged exactly as bad as this video and it was very hard to get into a game.

Now I have cable internet and it works as expected, still lags but it lags they way it does for any cod gamer.

thegmo

in reply to Godotpwn

When did you record that video? 

Moderator Moderator

in reply to A_Trey_U

This is what many of us are putting up with everyday. Nothing has changed for me since the update.

Will you guys or IW be putting a connection quality indicator into the game so at least we know when someone is host and on the other side of the planet?

Ronin2012

in reply to Ronin2012
I didn't mention the update.  We've been working on some stuff on the backend, which is why I'm asking for those details.  Thanks.
Moderator Moderator

Studios