Personally, I think that they are an awesome little challenge feature added to the game, and I like how it gives you a Care Package, instead of having a Care Package be its own streak. I do, however, think that they could add some things to make it even better, which is why I am making this thread.
Existing Field Order Challenges:
- Get 3 non-killstreak kills
- Get 1 kill with a non-killstreak explosive
- Get 1 kill while Prone
- Get 2 kills while Crouched
- Get 2 kills with a Picked-up Weapon
- Get 1 kill with melee
- Get 1 kill while Jumping
- Get 1 kill from behind
- Get a kill with your Secondary Weapon
- Humiliate the next enemy you kill
Field Order Challenges I think they should add:
- Increase the existing Prone challenge to 2 kills and add one that says Get 1 kill shortly after going Prone (i.e. dropshot), because there already is a jumpshot challenge
- Achieve the next reward of your Killstreaks
- Destroy 2 (or 3) enemy Equipment or Killstreaks
- Get 1 (or 2) kills while Leaning
- Get a kill shortly after reloading
- Get a kill shortly after sliding
- Objective-Based Orders for Specific Modes:
~ Capture a Flag (Domination)
~ Kill a Defender (Dom, Blitz)
~ Kill an Attacker (Dom, Blitz)
~ Recover a Teammate's Tag or Deny an Enemy Kill (KC, S&R)
~ Recover 2 Enemy Tags or Confirm 2 Kills (KC, S&R)
Changes/Additions I think they should make to the Care Packages:
- Either remove the Satcom from the Care Package options, or make it an extremely low probability; some of the challenges are tough to complete, and may even get yourself killed when you call in the Care Package...and then you get a Satcom...disappointment
- I think they should add a Booby-Trapped Care Package to the rotation; Since anyone can get a Care Package at any time, I'm sure it could be very effective. At the same time, maybe let the Sitrep perk be able to see them (as in other CoD's)
- Possibly add perk boosts in Care Packages, as you can do in Safeguard.
- Add "stacking probability": The more Field Orders you complete in a match, the higher the probability the Care Package contains a high streak. (Unrelated side-note: My record is 5 in a match, plus 1 stolen from the other team. )
What do YOU think?
I think 'Field Orders' are dumb and 'Grim Reaper Care Packages'. I think of Grim Reapers as Smash Balls from SSBB.
I like them a lot except for:
1) getting a Sat Com is severely stupid - busting my @ss for a 3 kill streak (or 2 with hardline)?????
2) they could have made the one on Whiteout better than it is. Maybe it's just lame on Hardcore because there is no map to scramble. Still doesn't qualify as a KEM strike in my opinion though - should be more devastating
3) I wish they had them on every map (via Field Orders, not the 24 or 25 kill streak one)
It gives you a level one satcom (Eyes On) for the rest of the match. The enemy team cannot get access to it with the wiretap perk too! It's actually a great way to turn a game around if your losing.
They are fine, Strikezone is the only map where you really cant do anything about the KEM, but the other map based killstreaks are simple to avoid. People need to stop thinking that being on a huge killstreak and all of a sudden getting killed is actually a big deal. Respawn and move on.
Because on all maps, you can get a K.E.M Strike via 25 kills (Not the dynamic map ones, those are care package only) and apparently, it is a accomplishment to them just like in MW3 and MW2...
you can get a K.E.M. on any map. the only one that you can get it out of a care package on is strikezone. strikezone is also the only map that actually has a destroyed version..which is somewhat disappointing
You can get a 25 kill kem strike on every map, but you can also get the care package kem strike that affects the map in some way on sovereign, whiteout, strikezone, siege, and warhawk.
I have never seen it come out of a care package except on strikezone. and that is the only one that is called a k.e.m. siege has the rocket strike. whiteout has the satellite crash. warhawk has the mortar strike. soveriegn has the halon gas. none of those are k.e.m.'s.