What Is The Maximum Bandwidth That A CoD Game Needs? (Online Multiplayer..Obviously...)

Ghosts Wii U

i think everyone would benifit from viewing the activision support page as well. some good info on matchmaking, dlc, network traffic etc...

BobbyMcGee

really wish a mod would take the time to put the two support page links in the announcements or featured content or something similar, as they both contain very useful router/connection information.

BobbyMcGee

I believe the bandwidth has a maximum of 3000. Comcast is apparently the king of Internet speed... : /

GamebroCrazy

half my friends list is 4000+....

BobbyMcGee

20 down and 15.66 upload , 4000+ bandwidth and I get no "advantage" over anyone matter of fact the game lowers my connection to compensate all of you laggers (the1andonkly) :/  but yea I think there should be a minimum requirement to play like 2 at least 2 download and .50 up there's people playing off their phone's wifi and lagging all over the place

darkfox2071

Um. If you'd consider 3500-4000+ kbps lagging now then thanks bud! The low bandwidth is only when I'm home. I'm at college.

the1andonlyIKY

thing is you aren't the only one on that connection I'm pretty sure and I'm talking from experience that other dorms aren't exactly just "watching or play games" if you know what I mean

darkfox2071

darkfox2071 wrote:

20 down and 15.66 upload , 4000+ bandwidth and I get no "advantage" over anyone matter of fact the game lowers my connection to compensate all of you laggers (the1andonkly) :/  but yea I think there should be a minimum requirement to play like 2 at least 2 download and .50 up there's people playing off their phone's wifi and lagging all over the place

no you just prob get host all the time, and your trying to kill people who are teleporting and impossible to hit. i am struggling through variable zoom mastery just to finish it. same as the people you knife and cant kill, a number of times yesterday im getting headshots, honest to god headshots on these laggers and not even getting hitmarkers. i was using L115 with armor piercing. and dont forget this titles non-existant matchmaking. whoever proposed that plan should be fired for incompetentcy.

BobbyMcGee

again, high speeds are great but do not make any difference if you arent wired. turning my cell phone on was enough to break the connection between my gamepad and my wiiu console, my gamepad was only 5 feet away from the console sitting on a beanbag chair with its sensor pointed straight at my u. something with the wiiu's wifi seems off, always has. idk what the issue is. the pads wireless works off wifi type network and not the sensor bar, im betting plenty of people are getting disconnects that way and they dont even know it. there is another tool i have on my cell called INSIDDER which will detect other networks in my area (neighbors) and tells me what channels they are on so i dont end up sharing a channel. 1, 6 and 11 are the best channels to run on, always make sure to be 5 channels from whichever channels your neighbors are using.

BobbyMcGee

if this is directed at me again. bobby, i have told you. i have hardwired my connection in my dorm room

the1andonlyIKY

Studios