Amplify perk is unfair for people who are Deaf or Hearing Impaired

Ghosts XBOX 360

Hahahaha @SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

We only have the op's word for it that it isnt some trick to try get amplify back.

If you are truthful then turn up your volume, amplify is unfair for everyone

Ajaffaroo

They did change Amplify to lessen the impact on DS. You should be OK using DS now.

I feel for you, I can't imagine playing this game without the Audio cues.

As someone who has been against the Amplify perk since day one as it is the only perk specifically meant to counter another perk... I think it should have been left out of the game entirely. Encourages lazy play.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

While I do feel for the hearing impaired, I'm doubtful that anything will change.  This is because normal people will turn on the hearing impaired setting, making it easier to detect other people. 

As for Amplify encouraging lazy play, I don't think that's true.  I have it on my rushing class, and it helps me a ton when I'm deep in the enemy spawn and people spawn behind me.  It lets me know where people are, and enhances my overall awareness of the game.  I do just fine without it, but having it on makes me stay stealthy much more.

THExVeng3anc3

Dead silence does as well, remove them both and there will be no issues.

BU773TPROOF

Wrong.

DS is a counter to an element of the game... footsteps, which are already in the game. That is what Perks do... they enhance abilities and counter elements of the game. Is does not give any advantage other than that. It doesn't reveal enemy position. It doesn't encourage sloth.

Its always been in the game and never been an issue.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Very sorry to read about you handicap lucariodrybones.

That being said, I think using your handicap as a basis for game features is ludicrous in the context of a mass appeal FPS. COD, as all online FPS games is unfair to blind people, arthritic people, people who suffer from epilipsy, people who only have one hand, etc. Sorry if I come off politically-incorrect, I am not insensitive to your and other people' challenges, but I honestly think this is the silliest reasoning for demanding a nerf I have yet read here.

Slopat

I'm also Deaf in my right ear with 80% loss in the other which uses a hearingaid. I can relate to the OP and here is my stance on this. Dead Silence perk, the way it works now is what I would consider the perk we use in order to have the same advantage others have against us and knowing how important audio cues are , especially footsteps because it can give away a players position it's almost as important as using your eyes are for not more. So I always have Dead Silence on and as long as it continues working the way it does (completely silent) I will aways continue to play CoD.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to Amplify sense in the game whether it be sight or hearing is a complete idiot because not everybody has perfect sight or hearing thus it would give many advantage over others. People abused Amplify left and right and took it for granted and ultimately all it did was made people think they are better than what they really are when it takes no skill to ADS in one direction only to turn and shoot someone just because you heard them loud and clear. That's why people cried hardcore after the patch because they weren't playing as good as they were now that Dead Silence does what it is suppose to do in the first place.

I'm sorry OP but it will always be like this for people like us. "Normal" people will always have the advantage over us so there's really no point in dwelling over it because that will just make you even more miserable. We don't need arrows on our screen telling us what did direction people are coming from because that would just make it easy, everyone would use it and dare I say it? It would be even worse than Amplify.

Even for being deaf and hard of hearing I still manage to come out of top of the SnD scoreboards most of the time but that's only because I know there is a lot more to this game than just seeing and hearing.

TheProphetMark

The problem is how do you make a game work for people with impairments so they can still play. The game is all about senses, and eye hand co-ordination. What about players missing a thumb, should we remove a stick.

BU773TPROOF

You're grasping at straws to make such lame comparisons. First of all, the number of people without thumbs is A LOT less than the number of people with other disabilities thus not common. And second, if people truly don't have thumbs they wouldn't bother to pick up a console to begin with but instead, play their games on a computer.

Don't be so ignorant. Anyone with common sense knows Amplify does NOT belong in Ghosts. No perk should be in the game that can't be used equally by ALL players. That's why whoever thought to boosts certain senses in the game is a complete idiot because not everybody can see or hear as well as others. It's bad enough those who are less fortunate have to suffer enough as it is with their hearing loss or deafness and adding Amplify to the mix only adds fuel to the fire which completely unbalances everything.

Dead Silence does what it is suppose to do, so I could really care less about those who use Amplify these days. Most of the time I'm playing better than them anyways so they can keep their crutch if they want since they lack to skill to properly utilize their eyes and brain properly.

TheProphetMark
Highlighted

The problem with having no practical footsteps is that is artificially buffs small arm users' game play.  If they buffed the movement speeds (ADS, strafe, reloading) for MRs, SRs and LMGs, returned the suppressor OHK and Focus for sniper rifles to how they were at launch, give Quickdraw the full benefit for MRs and SRs, make Incog worth 2 points, and have fast weapon swap speeds by default then there'd be less of an issue for people to use Amplify.  It would at least make Amplify less viable for me when I snipe because I don't have many perks to fill up because of how COD is, as mentioned previously.  There's also an issue with the guns killing very quickly so that map placement takes precedence over gunskill so situational awareness is paramount.  Can you imagine COD without the HUD for example?  I mean the mere presence of the HUD directs solo players in public lobbies to use the suppressor, which is why the AK-12 was very popular at launch as it was the best AR for using a suppressor and extended magazines.  I play Gears of War 3 online and footsteps are audible but it doesn't impact on engagements much and that's because the fast killing weapons take a lot of skill to use.

I suppose if you consider yourself at a serious disadvantage there's always Black Ops 2.  I could play that game whilst listening to my iPod.  But then it was too easy uprooting snipers and heavy gunners because of that, and probably why some people felt obliged to use Shock Charges to give them notice of an incoming flanker.

SitRepPro

Studios