Attention Spans & concentration

Ghosts XBOX 360

I have really noticed on this CoD that it takes much more concentration than previous versions. I used to be able to play for a couple of hours and if I was on fire, I was on fire - on anything from CoD4 to BOII.

The sort of tactical play, difficulty seeing enemies, and better (more difficult) map layouts on ghosts mean now MAX I can play is an hour and my k/d, which normally sits about 1.2, drops under one. It's really noticeable - one game i'm smashing it, next game, boom, 1-5 before I can blink.

Anyone else have this or am I just turning in to an old git?

scruffs
1 REPLY 1

You may be just turning into an old git, but if you are then so am I, because I've noticed the same. I could play BO1 and BO2 and over the course of a night I'd do well in the vast majority of the games with the odd blip. In Ghosts my blips can be much worse and I can have some horrendous games.

For example, I had been playing for a couple of hours and on average I was doing pretty well, positive K/D and winning more games than I was losing. Then after about 2 and half to 3 hours, I hit a bit of a brick wall. I was on Strikezone, 1-9 down and just getting blasted. I had to calm myself down and concentrate hard and somehow I managed to capture some flags, pull my k/d back and we just about squeezed the win. It was an effort though and it could've easily gone the other way if I had stayed unfocused and let the frustration of being killed 9 times in a row get to me.

So yeah I definitely agree it takes a lot more concentration and focus in the majority of matches if you're up against a decent opposition and that my head needs a rest a a lot more than previous CoD's.

The kids will come on here now and say what are you on about, which will confirm it's just us old gits

Robwolves

Studios