Ghosts XBOX 360

in reply to EJKHunter

Hahaha I remember getting behind some dude staring out a window on Raid on BO2. I was staring over his shoulder for a while, predicted when he was going to move and dropped to prone just before he turned round, he went past me, checked the doorway to where he was, then turned round to find I'd stood back up and got knifed for the final kill. I guess he figured I'd come in through the window, until he saw the final killcam bahahahaha

Bielsalmighty
in reply to Bielsalmighty

Yeah, I would describe serious camping as the dark corner pitch until a kill, then relocate. Anything less is just a point sponge.

I'm getting better and better at scoring and streaks recently, still no wizard but the results are getting me some serious flack via message and all calling me a camper. I got one last night after a 19 for 7; "camp much" so I replied with a quick "nope, u?" -- little did I know his reply would have been yes! ..the next map I kept my eye out for him and during my laps I found him he was sitting with his team mate in corners opposite each other, next game the same. My score's were still steady, perhaps he thought he was teaching me a lesson but I wasn't doing it but in the game that started it off the only way he'd have ran into me in the same spot was if he was sitting there because I'd be running laps on the hunt! The closest I come to camping (with the exception of the mid-game beer pause) is to lap the half of the map the enemy are in until the spawns put them somewhere else then move to that.. if I'm guilty of anything it's camping half the map.

Some people out there are a bit weird.

ROXSTARUK
in reply to ROXSTARUK

Oh I dunno, there are spots on some maps which you can dig into and make yourself real hard to shift. At least hard for people who refuse to run Blast Shield or use DC'd tubes, or god forbid walk in using the RS + C4 combo. Some dude used it to try and shift me earlier today and I'll be honest he was desperately unlucky that I still had a backup IED, was running Blast Shield (so I'd sponged his solitary C4). If he'd had DC on I'd have been toast. RS + C4 is a very good anti-camper class

Bielsalmighty

So it turns out after some good scores over the weekend I misunderstood the meaning of the word "camper" -- according to the profanity rich messages filling my inbox, a camper is a person who get's high kills, low deaths and beats you.

Who knew!

ROXSTARUK
in reply to ROXSTARUK

I've had the same thing, only I was getting raged at by a guy on my team!  I was 20-1 on TDM Stonehaven and this douche who was very high prestige, and in a clan who's tag was MLG (which probs says a lot), started teling me to "stop camping, L2P and get a life".

I got final killcam, sliding round a corner landing a triple

admunday

Funnily enough, one of the people sending me grief was using the tag MLG. My typical response of "Awww, do you want a tissue for those tears" probably wasn't helping matters but by that point I was getting bored of explaining how I find camping boring and never stay in one place etc. and just started to wind them up some more.

Good times.

ROXSTARUK
in reply to ROXSTARUK

you got to be a serious pus*y to be so scared of dying in a video game that you camp like a little b*tch.  i bet most campers have agoraphobia lol

anyway campers are just people who can't compete, i feel bad for them and their lack of skill... oh wait no i don't i c4 and rpg them until they rage quit

belly120

Its a strategy. I will pitch up a tent, but then I also get off my backside and get stuck in too. Depends what I am playing. When kills and deaths matter, I'm gonna camp for sure. Have fun C4ing me whilst I'm running Blast Shield

Conversely, in Dom you'll find me happily playing musical flags, in Blitz you'll see me desperately sweating my nuts off to maintain my 5+ Caps Per Game average, or to increase it even. I can play mobile, I can camp and I can do well doing either. Other than the silly sods who continuously run back to the same old spot, or sit in the same exposed corner, I'd say your statements are somewhat innaccurate. Not everyone who camps is devoid of 'skill' as you put it.

Bielsalmighty

Yeah, one game on Freight this chap was camping one of the windows, I ninja'd my way around to him, picked him off and then in the space of a minute he'd come back another 5 times, I almost couldn't leave the building because of him coming back over and over, he finally got me back so I carried on my hunt around the map.. pure beautiful coincidence I got final kill on him with a knife in the back! -- This I wouldn't call camping though, if he's foolish enough to keep coming back so quickly I can hear his footsteps before I leave then I'm naturally going to pick him off time and time again.

I think maybe because I play a stealthy game, using corners and edges to sneak around people perhaps think I'm camping.. but as I've said in previous posts, you'll only find me hiding in a corner when I reload or pause for a mid-game beer break.

ROXSTARUK
in reply to ROXSTARUK

I play split screen with my boyfriend, and even in MW3 I was the rusher, he's the follower. I run in like a crazed lamb, and then he takes them out once he's seen where they are firing from. That being said, I don't always die, I do pretty well considering my rushing style. I like running around like a headless chicken, although I hate campers with a passion, but only if they go back to the same spot for the whole game, it drives me nuts. Lately i've adopted the 'go around the outside and be stealth' style, seems to be working. However, I love running into a rusher from the other team and stabbing em as I run past. Even if I get shot, it's just a game It's nothing like real war anyway, like they've got hinds only after 9 kills

UpfrontBeast605

Studios