Well when you want to make a "new version" of the same game without repeating past games sometimes you make the right choices and sometime you make the wrong choices.
you are going to get hate no matter what choice you make. There are some that like a game and there are some that dont, but they arent going to make a game 100 percent perfect for you.
Just like the bad things in life I try to avoid them or ignore them and concentrate on the good things. If the bad things outweigh the good things then I will return it. But at least I make myself responsible for the choices I have made. I just bought Angry Birds Star Wars for twenty bucks. Was it worth 20 bucks ? Maybe not havent played it harldly but it was my choice to buy the game.
The game is fine, sure it has problems but what game doesn't. Killstreaks have been de-emphasized and the only way to get high kills now is through gunskill. COD has needed this for a long time, I wanted them to go back to 3-5-7 but this is just as good. As a result the kids are complaining because they aren't being handed free kills, too bad.
Most of the problem lies within core mechanics of the game in which the players CANNOT control. I am a firm believer that NOTHING in a game is overpowered or underpowered as 99.9% of the problem lies from the person complaining about it. Guns in ANY game have never been overpowered or underpowered, as to be perfectly honest, if they handled all the same, then why not just give us ONE gun and say "There, problem solved".
Now the issues that are going on with the game that are LEGITIMATE complaints are as follows
1. Spawn system - This is a MAJOR area than needs TONS of attention and I think that a TOTAL rework of how the spawn system works is the ONLY solution. Take maps like Stonehaven and Seige for example. These are the 2 largest maps in the game. On the 360 ALL modes are 6v6. Tell me why on these maps that players will literally spawn in the line of sight or within inches of an enemy. This is just UNACCEPTABLE. Even on Nuketown when playing TDM you would NEVER spawn with an enemy or directly on a betty/claymore. I have literally spawned on an enemy IED, been spawned with the enemy player TOUCHING ME, put in the middle of an enemy and my teammate firing at each other, spawned UNDER a grenade, etc.
2. Challenges - The current system for only getting progress on certain things that randomly cycle is just stupid. You get 5 sets of 10 challenges for a total of 50 at a time. For players like me who use very specific loadouts and only play certain modes, this can be VERY frustrating as even if you choose to use a squad point to re-roll and see what you get, you may only get 5-6 of the challenges you want. This is idiotic as you progress the things you want to work on are not counted and just lost.
3. Prestige - This has been a MAJOR staple in the COD franchise for a LONG TIME. They now made prestiging pointless by allowing EVERY PERK, WEAPON, ATTACHMENT, and EQUIPMENT available at level ONE. Since squad points carry over, you can go from your first squad member to your second squad member (prestiging) and buy FIVE complete loadouts with the best weapons/equipment in the game from the VERY BEGINNING of the prestige. This makes working for anything pretty much obsolete. I am almost done with my 6th prestige, and have around 600 squad points meaning that I have the 300 points to buy my next squad member, buy all my guns, perks, equipment, attachments, and CAC slots when I prestige again. You literally lose NOTHING when you prestige and frankly it has lost the feeling of accomplishment of doing so.
4. Map design/layout - Typical IW style. Dark, drab, and lifeless. The maps are just simply too big with the exception of Freight, Strikezone, Tremor, and Prison Break. The maps are FULL of wasted space, clutter, corners, spots where players "blend in", and just overall far to complex to give the fluid fast paced action that COD NEEDS. If I wanted to play hide and go seek I would wake my 6 year old up at night.
5. Overall feel of the game - If you look at the icons for things such as killstreaks/support streaks etc. they are dull, boring, white paper cutouts. Go back and look at Treyarch's killstreak/pointstreak icons. They were colorful, and looked really good like they actually put effort in them.
6. COMBAT RECORD - One of the BEST innovations in the COD series. Now the ONLY way you can look at another players stats is by being in the same lobby with them, and even then it is a VERY watered down version showing only basic information. With the combat record that Treyarch provided it was VERY EASY to see who was a cheater/booster by looking at simple stats. If a guy has 600 kills with a pistol with 80% accuracy and 550 headshots, it's pretty obvious that they were boosting. There were TONS of people banned just by people paying attention and reporting.
7. Cheats/glitches/hacks/mods - IW has held onto their reputation again as a very slack developer when dealing with the people that ruin the game. As of today, DEC 28th, the modded lobbies for instant prestige, and squad points have yet to be fixed. We are nearly TWO MONTHS in and this was confirmed that it was going on a few days BEFORE release of the game. MW2 was the most hacked game in COD history DURING IT'S LIFECYCLE (we all know they stop supporting titles at some point, so W@W and COD4 when they were hacked 2 years after release do NOT count).
Yes ur right about spawns, i has often spawned under enemys nose and died in under 1sec and i have spawned on ied many times, one time i placed ims in enemy spawn inside the castle in stonehaven and 11 enemys died so the spawn system is really bad. And what comes on killstreaks so theese killstreaks on ghosts are worst ive seen in cod history.
But i think next cod is going to be 1000 times better bcoz sledgehammer is creating the new cod and its name is Mw4 black smith.
Sledgehammer created Mw3 and it was and it still is awesome game! There was still 65000 players on Mw3 on weekend and 79000 on ghosts so it tell much about what game people likes and its 3 years old.
There are a lot of things about Ghosts that are solid (ie: weapon balancing, smoothness, hit detection), but other than Cranked, Ghosts is completely boring. And it's player ratings and player count say the same. Look at the players online <300,000 3 days after xmas- that number was almost 4 times that last year (the most I saw was 1,113,000). Even out of the 23 guys I currently play different games with only one of them will still get on and play on occasion and the game is less than 2 months old.
Sure BO2 has gameplay issues.. but lack of fun has never been one.
The cod community is killing itself with all the negativity. Its all rather pointless too. People are letting little things ruin their enjoyment of the game.
People bashing the current game is nothing new. It happens with every single cod release. It doesnt matter what the developers do, If they go left or if they go right, they will still be bashed. They could remove QS and they would get bashed for that, they could leave QS in the game and they would get bashed for that. They could alter camping and get bashed. It doesnt matter what they do, they have a nice bullseye painted on their backs.
The CoD cycle. The CoD cycle is something we see repeat itself every single year. The same complaints come out of the wood work. Complaints about spawns, maps, weapons, balance, hit detection, lag, lag comp, the community itself. Basically during the 1 year lifespan of each CoD game every single aspect will be complained about at one point or another.
I have actually realized a new reason as to why the Developers dont come here to chat with us. They are probably tired of having to repeat themselves. Example is Lag comp gimping players with high speed internet. Doesnt matter that the creators of the game told us it wasnt happening. Doesnt matter that a significant amount of the "proof" is false. Every release we have people come and claim that Lag comp is broken. And the funniest part about that is that people not only do it when playing CoD, but people also blame lag comp in basically every single other FPS out there, Halo, Battlefield, gears, All of them have players who claim lag comp is broken. Just like they have people who dislike the maps, spawn system, weapon choice.
I honestly feel bad for the developers of Video games these days. They have to put up with alot of crap they shouldnt need to.
Ya but spawn systems have always been a problem.
spawns like lag are a problem in most games XD
but the community is simply not what it was.
Very true. The core "good guys" have stuck around though. Even for all its faults I still like and enjoy this game a lot.
The Modern Warfare game has been getting worse since the high point of MW2. . I decided a while ago that this would be my last CoD, Ghost just made the choice easy. Right now I'm going in and out of games trying to find one that works. I'm up to 5 still lagging to the point of unplayable.