Ghosts XBOX 360

I have been reading a few threads here and there and I keep seeing the term DDOS come up. I have googled it (as I did not know what it meant), watched some YouTube videos and have a question about it.

When you get DDOS'ed do you just get kicked out of the lobby, OR do you actually get your internet shutdown for a period of time?

I have been disconnected quite a bit since release day, which I find odd as this has happened only here or there in previous titles, and a majority of the time the game is running quite smooth, or I am doing quite well. My internet stays intact and I just hop into another lobby. I have heard and read about both things happening. So is there a chance I am getting DDOS'ed or am I just unlucky and getting a big hit on my internet which causes me to get kicked?

I should mention that at times everyone in my house is connected to the Wi-Fi. Either with Ipods, Xbox, kindles, etc....but as I stated, this was more rare with previous titles, and some of the time it happens I am the only one on the internet.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

jwaller123
5 REPLIES 5
in reply to jwaller123

II'M gonna have to look into this as well

Lord_InFamous3-
in reply to jwaller123

It's where they flood your router with information disconnecting it from the internet. Before jumping to conclusions I would check with your ISP provider about the matter. It may be latency issues regarding your internet.

TheDarkOne123
in reply to TheDarkOne123

Not trying to jump to conclusions, it is just irritating to have it happen when I am doing well is all. Lol. I have suspected latency issues due to the high usage at times and it makes perfect sense when everyone in the house is on, but it still doesn't explain it when I am the only one using it.

jwaller123
in reply to jwaller123

Alright I would still check with your ISP provider about the matter because it may be on their end. Now if you get disconnected while doing well it may be because someone disconnected you but it is highly unlikely because there aren't that many hackers out there willing to risk that nor do they have the servers needed to flood your router.

TheDarkOne123
in reply to TheDarkOne123

I try to believe it is just dumb luck, but with all the talk and history of the Infinity Ward titles being hacked, glitched, modded so easily and quickly it does make one wonder. Look at COD4, MW2, MW3.....I will see what I can pull up on my end with my ISP though. Thanks for the info. I am just trying to educate myself on the subject and your responses definitely helped.

jwaller123

Studios