Dealing With Campers

Ghosts XBOX 360

It seems that people whine over campers and how camping is "invalid" or "cheating". As an experienced camper, allow me to give everybody some tips on how to kill people like me, but first you must learn what the types of camping and campers are, and even some of the camping tactics.

The Types of "Camping":

1. Lockdowns: This is holding down an area to eliminate enemies while moving short distances. Usually people who lock down an area are trying to control the map, a vital team playing strategy. Do not mistake these people as the stereotypical "camper".
  2. Defenders: Similar to lockdowns, defending is simply holding down an objective. For example, some guy looking out a window shooting people trying to take his/her flag (this is defending, not camping). It's ludicrous how many people mistake defenders as "campers".
  3. True Camping: This is the real deal in camping, sitting in a corner with an LMG and IEDs blocking all entrances. People that do this are usually trying to bump their KD, or they're camping for high killstreaks. The best thing to do if you get killed by one of these guys is to either outsmart them, or avoid them.

Goals of Camping:

1. Higher KD: Your KD is all your bragging rights in one number, so creating the illusion of a high KD makes a person look like a better player. People that do this are usually below average players who are judged as just that.
  2. Killwhoring: This goes along the same path as a higher KD, people that killwhore want tons of kills so people can see they got 50+ kills. This ALSO creates the illusion of a better player.
  3. Big Streaks: It's self explanatory, getting a high killstreak or a KEM strike feels great. People that camp for streaks are generally the people that focus more on the action.

Camper Tactics:

1. IED Overload: Many campers like me throw IEDs to cover doorways for some cheap and easy kills. The best way to counter this tactic is to run blast shield or sitrep.
  2. Changing Position: Imagine this, you walk into a doorway and get killed by a dirty camper with an LMG. You try and get revenge on him, so you walk in focusing hard on where he was, next thing you know you're killed by that same guy but he was in a different spot than last time (rinse and repeat, suckers). This is my favorite tactic, as I can toy with my victims with limitless mindgames.
  3. The DREADED Amplify: It's common sense that you must know your enemy's location for an advantage. Almost all campers that use a headset also take advantage of amplify. The best way to counter amplify is to duckwalk everywhere, especially in the camper's vicinity.
  4. Always Being Prepared: A camper knows your location, where you're going to appear, and what situation you'll be in. In fact, the whole advantage of camping is always being prepared. Good examples of this are leaning by an object, using optics like trackers or the thermal, and the gun of the situation.
  5. Illusions: When some suckers come back to me for more camping action, I'll temporarily spare them, and once they get the picture that "I'm not there", I go in for the kill. This is just one of my mindgames, I'll keep the rest secret (I'd rather not give it ALL away)

Now, lets talk about getting rid of campers. A smart camper uses logic, a headset, and a good gun. As I mentioned before, campers are always prepared to catch their prey, so to speak. To get rid of a smart camper, create an unexpected situation for them, like sandwiching them with teammates and explosives. The most common reason for me to die is from a group of enemies ganging up on me, or throwing in lots of explosives.

I hoped this mouthful of a topic helps you overcome campers like me, or even become a camper yourself. The final verdict; campers will always be in COD, and outsmarting them can be trouble. Camping is a somewhat valid playstyle, and definitely the most tactical one.

VECTORdude
65 REPLIES 65

Dont promote camping for f*cks sake whats wrong with you

FishyDizzle

FishyDizzle wrote:

Dont promote camping for f*cks sake whats wrong with you

why not? why do you make it sound as if hes the one with the problem.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

I go camping every summer !

@Izjar11wrote:
I GO CAMPING EVERY SUMMER?

why not? why do you make it sound as if hes the one with the problem.

UCD_281862850907YTCboABhUitTpSDOxk

Camping is for people who dont have the skill or nerve to run into battlefield and fight like everyone else. They ruin games and think theyre the sh*t when in fact in a face to fight ive beaten campers every time. They suck and dont know how to play

Godfall2014
Highlighted

I don't like campers really either, but fortunately a lot of campers are predictable. Just kill em and kill them good. it is what it is.

Foggyx420

All the good spots have been discovered already, especially the ones onstonehaven

VECTORdude

***** wrong with this dude there's no skill or mind games involved with camping you sitting in a corner with your aim up till someone runs by yeah that's skill and mind games. They camp cause they know deep down they ass and that's the only way they can get kills and a high kd if the didn't call they'd have a .65 kd 

Lucky2WaVy

Calling your opponents "suckers" is border line disrespectful. I've killed plenty of your kind, revenge kills are the sweetest.

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

VECTORdude wrote:

This is my favorite tactic, as I can toy with my victims with limitless mindgames.

1. Illusions: When some suckers come back to me for more camping action, I'll temporarily spare them, and once they get the picture that "I'm not there", I go in for the kill. This is just one of my mindgames, I'll keep the rest secret (I'd rather not give it ALL away)

I too like to play with my victims. The best part is when they rage quit.

Megadog14

Studios