Dedicated Servers Are Live Lol

Ghosts XBOX 360

Ok so i just read a very disturbing tweet on the support account ATVIAssist that was posted an hour ago telling someone that the dedicated servers were live....

OMG!!!!!!!!!!  I played last night and i had host migrations and dashboarding hosts so i hope to god that they weren't live then.  I've chased them whether the UK has dedis as that's where i'm based but if they were live last night i can safely say they are either sh*t or only based in the US.  Gutted

what is insane is they haven't posted up any info, you'd have thought they'd want to get the word out on facebook, twitter a locked forum on here.  the in game message of the day etc etc etc.

these guys really have no clue how to run a busines, the game is loosing players at a massive rate and they can't be bothered to spend 2 minutes on social media to hype up a very critical launch promise!!!

i only bought it for dedis as i thought it would fix the awful lag....

oh and where the chuff is the damn S&D patch. 

belly120
12 REPLIES 12

wrong info maybe because they are defo not live lol..if this is dedicated servers than am the king of england lol

Mess1ahBrowny

mate i know but i swear you can read the tweet yourself, this is the tweet "Ghosts uses a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers which is now live. are you using a wired connection?"  it was a response to a guy bitchin about lag

belly120

Yea the inconsistency the past few days has been bad.  I've noticed, I and others I play with will have a good game or two ( minimal lag, seemingly on same time as everyone), then get in a game where you are spawned on people and seem to be a second behind.  I hope dedi's are up soon.  The patch for SnD, and hopefully some other things come today(11-15-13), according to the one and only post, or response in regard to issues, and patches.  Which is also concerning.  I appreciate the response, as they are surely busy ironing out things, and developing who knows what for it, and maybe I am wrong....it seems like there is a few more things, that take priority over SnD coming back( I am a die hard search fan, and want it back, but if it plays like the rest does SOMETIMES then whats the point).  I hope other issues will be addressed, or maybe even an update with any possible fixes or progress.  People feel like they are not being heard right now, mostly because they are not.

SrgntMerkWorthy

I'm kinda confused, mate. I'm in north America and I have yet to get a host migration. Maybe my area have dedicated servers since day one? I'm prestige one, level 38, and I have yet to see a migration. 

Run_N_Gunning_C

the dedicated servers are live, activision support would know if they are or aren't and they say they are.  you're in a prime area to get support (USA)

i'm Uk based so it looks like i haven't got dedis here and it was the only reason i gave them my money as i thought they'd learn't to stop BS us and actual invest some money in their dying franchise...

belly120

I am in the Mid-west, a well populated area( in fact right in the middle of the three big cities out this way), and I get host migrations about every few hours of play.  Some days are worse than others.  Last night was really bad, with lag, on my teams end and other teams end.  Also had that sync delay really bad a few games.  Out of the 15 or 20 host migrations I have had now ( day and half played), probably five or six times it completely kicked us ( me and a few people I play with) completely from the lobby.  A few times it has just ended the game and kicked everyone.  It is still early so I know it is being worked on, I hope it gets better.  I  dont even care about migrations, if the game plays smooth and isn't plagued by lag and sync problems.

SrgntMerkWorthy

I'm 490 miles from New York City and I have a feeling I'm well within the coverage of the dedis. There got to be some dedis near my area or maybe I am on ground zero.

I just hope they start rolling out the dedis for everyone. Host migrations can be frustrating.

Run_N_Gunning_C

I know the UK gets screwed in more ways then one. But if you are hoping the dedis will get rid of the lag, dont get your hopes up.

for example RUMOR I heard that you will only have a set in Germany. RUMOR

And trust me not everything someone from ATAssist knows what they are talking about. Some of them are clueless.

The other day one posted that its OK to stay and finish a modded lobby while another one stated you can get banned for staying in modded lobbies on twitter.

If you want to consider if you are going to get one. First of all start at 300 thousand servers. Then subtract around 200 thousand for GTS5 and BF4. Then subtract for more games that use them. Then subtract for each country based on population. Then for example cut that number in half for each Xbox console using them. Then didvide for the amount of players in each game for each server. Then I havent even considered how many are used for player storage of games, data , etc.

300 thousand is not a lot when counting all the variables. That actual number will probably be really small for the UK.

starbuckfrack Level 72

I completely agree on the clueless part. Even some of the official Activision Support crew appears daft when they answer on these forums. It gives me a feeling that they are reading a scripted response and sometimes comes off with answers that are completely inappropriate to the topic.

Run_N_Gunning_C

Studios