Great game ruined once again

Ghosts XBOX 360

If you can't deal with campers your not playing the proper style nor making the proper adjustments. If IED's are getting you use the perk they give you to see them. Campers in corners, don't rush by corners blindly. Fixed, enjoy!

LifeInvader

I use all the perks/tactics to combat campers, doesn't always work when you enter into a room at the edge of the map, scan 4 corners, and debris for campers in less then half a sec.. not possible.

I'm not talking about the person who is guarding one area, checking multiple vantage points. And managing to hold off everyone by moving around the top floor of a building. I may not like you, but ur good at it.

I'm talking about the guy who just sits in a dark corner, ADS at the only entrance waiting for that 1 person com in.

ScavengerHunt

I run into this problem far too often and it poses a serious problem for me because they do it constantly. But, it works.

Vinnysin

You can blame the maps for IED campers. Because I'm one of them. In MW1 & 2, I held about a 2.0 KDR. In Ghosts, that has dwindled because every area of every damned map has multiple access points. Which means that I'm constantly getting shot in the back. The crap spawn system adds to this, since dudes are constantly spawning behind me. The only way I've been able to counter this is to drop IEDs on the entrances to my flanks. I'll hang around in an area until I get a kill or two, or until an IED goes off, pick up the other one and move on. Once I made this adaptation, the game has become a lot more fun.

I never used to play this way. I used to always be on the move. These crazy wide-open maps now make that impossible for me. Nonetheless, I offer no apologies. I do what I do to make the game fun for me. I would suggest you explore the options the game offers to the same end because, in my case, I do what I do because of the maps. Simply put, they suck.

Put your big-boy pants on, or find something else to play. Every play style is valid. Adapt or die.

EverwinterKnight
Maybe you should not put K/D in this thread. As that stat seems to be the problem with any COD game. If there was no K/Dor no way for other players to see your stats....Would you still be in a corner?
codchamp1

This is exactly what I've been saying to everyone that brings up K/D.

Vinnysin
K/D to me is nothing more than a gauge as to how well i'm playing. I don't care what other people think about it. I'm not striving to be the best or have the best KDR.   As long as I'm killing more than I'm being killed, I'm happy.   If I need to camp because I need to bring my score up (or die less) to help me team win, then that's what I'll do.
EverwinterKnight

I have always said, theme parks would be great if it wasn't for all the people. I mean, waiting on lines on rides I want to ride!  Having to try to find seating in the crowded restaurants! Trying to watch the fireworks show with people bumping into me or standing in front of me! If they weren't there... those places would be awesome!

I am being facetious, of course. But my point is simple... they got the game, they paid for the game.. they can play how they like, whether we like it or not. I am on your side, I am not a big fan of it either. But what I have learned over the years is... people are going to play the way they are comfortable playing. As long as they aren't glitching, hacking, exploiting, or cheating... they have a right to play that way, as annoying as it may be.

It is rage-inducing to be sure. I have been in lobbies where I felt the players just sucked all the joy out of playing the game. I finished the game and found a new lobby. Sometimes that cures all ills.

The key is, find your play style and keep tweaking your game until you can effectively combat these players. I hate the IEDs as well, but I have found you can often avoid them by hitting the deck when you hear them triggered. I will personally be slapping Sit Rep on all of my classes, if I ever get to level 28, which seems to be taking forever.

Consider it a challenge. If that type of player is getting to you.. figure out what you need to do to defeat them. The good news is... a lot of times those types of players don't impact the game. So avoid their little camp-fest and complete the objective. Sure they will get their 4.0 K/D by going 8-2, but you just might get the win.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I will personally be slapping Sit Rep on all of my classes, if I ever get to level 28, which seems to be taking forever.

You know you can buy any perk at anytime with and character class...Right? Lvl unlock just mean that it will be unlocked for free at lvl 28. Or, mine is broken.

Besides even if it didn't work that way, the one character class gives you both sitrep and off the grid. Just pick that and buy the gun u want.

Then you can see how bad it is..glowing orange everywhere

ScavengerHunt

Could be that I am doing it wrong. I didn't take a lot of time with the Create a Class. But I was sure that it had a lock symbol with "Lvl 28" next to it.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios