Great game ruined once again

Ghosts XBOX 360

Counter-camping seems to be the way to go in this situation. that or crouch walking with a teammate watching your back.

Vinnysin

Crouch walking annoys me to no end. I use it when I have to... but I feel like a Turtle :-P

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Gotta do something man. Everyone is unlocking Awareness early. The only two things I hated about MW3 were SitRep/Recon pro.

Vinnysin

Sit Rep Pro in MW3 was an absolute joke. I am hoping Awareness doesn't become as much of a problem. It really ruins the flow of the game.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Don't worry too much about Amplify. I use it a lot on my stealth class and I can barely hear Dead Silence users. If I am not paying close attention, I wouldn't hear them. I've been surprised quite a few times by DS users. Keep in mind that not everyone who uses Amplify use top of the line Dolby headphones. IMO, the common Turtle Beach isn't going to cut it.

Run_N_Gunning_C

I am thinking Dead Silence and Sit Rep on most of my classes and I will be set.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

My apologies if this was covered already.  But so far I LOVE this game.  I love how everything is set up, I love the perks, the guns -Although the MSBS and Bulldog are probably due for a nerf at some point-  Actually on that note, all the shotguns need tweaking because they all have identical kill-zones, which *shouldn't* be the case.  So with all shotguns killing the same distance, Bulldog is the default best shotgun cuz it has almost the same range as MW3's Striker but the Shot speed of MW3's AA-12...  Yea... I just put on Extended Mags and Muzzle Break and hold down choke points all day lol that shotgun is silly... 

ANYWAY aside from Shotgun revamp and MSBS nerf,  The problems I am afflicted with the most are:

Lag Compensation-

Before anyone harps at me, YES I have completely decked out my Xbox-Router Sync. I have DMZ Host, QoS Rules, and Port Forwarding Rules in place on my Console and I am on a 150mbs Verizon FiOS connection (which doesn't matter because the game will run smoothly with as little as 30mbs and even less if there is a stable host.

My issue is with actual, legitimate Lag Compensation.  I don't fully understand how Lag Comp. works but it will basically take any conflict that might be deemed as "Lag Interference" and grant the conflict to an advancing player.  Basically if you have an "Oh S---!" moment where someone starts shooting at you but only gets *ONE* hit on you and you duck away to cover, you Magically take more hits.  Anyone reading is probably going "Oh yea.. that's happened"  It always happens the instant you break line of sight.  Breaking Line of Sight results in 'Conflict' and 'Conflict' awards the advancing player (the one shooting) extra hits EVEN THOUGH the Defending player successfully took cover!  I cant tell you how many kills I've gotten that I honestly should not have gotten lol.

On a game with kill-speeds as fast as this one, Lag Compensation needs to be removed completely or severely nerfed at the very least.

Dead Silence vs Amplify-

This will more than likely stir up a fit or two but Dead Silence users are only *JUST BARELY* Audible by Amplify Users so something probably needs to be done to create a better balance.  Right now the Audable range is roughly 5ft(2 Meters is probably what's coded)  Which is much too short a distance to even state that "Amplify Users can still hear you".  It's not a make or break thing for me but in the spirit of game balance, this needs to be addressed because Dead Silence is too powerful right now.

And lastly,  DETECTING THE GUARD DOG-

The Guard Dog is lovely, I love how it works, and how it functions.  I don't think it's overpowered in any way and I love how IW worked into the online multiplayer.  MY PROBLEM is that the dog is completely inaudible...  It does not matter if you run Amplify or not, you will never hear that dog except when it is chewing on your throat lmao.  Something needs to be done so that we can detect the dog's steps, or at the very least have the killstreak announcer call the dog out. 

If the dog was meant to be silent, that's fine but make it so that Amp. Users can hear it or something.

Outside of that, that's all I have to complain about.  The game definitely took some getting used to but I'm loving it so far

ll_Zeros_II

I love how you are complaining about your inability to camp properly in a thread that is basically about how campers are ruining the game.

I hope you are just talking about this for run and gun purposes.

ScavengerHunt

Looks like someone already beat me to it.

Vinnysin

If you play TD and KC you should expect that. Play a game mode that has an objective. Search and Rescue is amazing. Camp all you want because there is a time limit and camping does you know good.

Devastator503

Studios