If I wanted large maps I'd play Battlefield

Ghosts XBOX 360

Ascension-Xx
28 REPLIES

Re: If I wanted large maps I'd play Battlefield

in reply to Ascension-Xx

Since the original COD there have always been a variety of map sizes to cater different play styles.

Go back to BO2 if you want to play small linear rubbish.

UK ScorpZ

in reply to UK ScorpZ

yep bo1 and mw2 both had some quite large maps.

the new DLC looks to have at least 2 small maps in it

belly120

in reply to belly120

the maps were designed to host ground war as it is exclusive to next-gen systems. But it's just the design that's bothersome mw2 maps were for the most part clutter free and flat not one map in ghosts is flat or clutter free. In ghosts enemies blur out at long distances that's a visual design that wasn't in mw2 so they feel bigger than they really are that's scope personified and afghan was not big only estate derail quarry and underpass were big.

lukele

in reply to lukele

In my opinion, the only trouble maps per say in terms of large are Stonehaven and Stormfront. You can still do well but you have people careful when moving around if your not sniping in these maps.

ZvErS

in reply to Ascension-Xx

These maps are nothing compared to Battlefield. The maps in BF are many times larger than the biggest map in Ghosts.

Dont make it seem like a big deal when it isnt.

KT Phoenix

in reply to Ascension-Xx

World at War had Seelow.

SitRepPro

in reply to SitRepPro

yep and afghan in mw2 was big and awesome!

i think the map size may be compounded by the bad spawns.

better spawns that distributed action across the maps full area more methodically and with less spawn death errors would help improve map flow to a degree.

some maps just don't work. siege has no flow and is just to big, ground war would be fine but 6v6 is just throwing a sausage down a corridor and thinking it will touch the sides.

belly120

in reply to Ascension-Xx

Couldn't agree more bro! I've played COD since the beginning and the maps that are voted for in nearly every lobby are the smaller maps. The larger ones rarely get played and even those maps don't compare to the map sizes in Ghosts. All these so called fans who were complaining about the maps in Black Ops 2 were no skill camping scumbags who couldn't run and gun if their life depended on it.

If you want bigger maps, slower gameplay, massive camping, and boredom that borders on insanity, then go play Battlefield and leave COD alone. Ghost is the worst game in the series and will bring the death of COD as we know it.

MadMike2099

in reply to MadMike2099

I have to disagree, Ghosts imo is one of the best COD's so far (I have played since Vanilla Cod, not since these recent incarnations).  And before you call me a 'Camping Scumbag' I only run and gun (have a 1.8kdr in HCTDM, not amazing but not bad).

BO2 was rubbish in comparison what with its 3 route postage stamp, linear maps.

COD should keep the variety, without larger maps SR's would be obsolete.

UK ScorpZ

Studios