Its not just quickscoping, it's Sniping in General

Ghosts XBOX 360

Quick Scoping has been part of CoD for as long as I can remember.  People didn't see it as a thing until CoD4, but it exsisted in CoD3 and CoD2 Big Red One.

I haven't played for 2 months, and coming back felt kind of refreshing for the first few games.  But only after those few games, did I notice that a Large part of each lobby I went into was sniping.  When I say sniping, I'm referring to, Hardscoping, Quick scoping, and everything in between.

I played for a few hours, and it became a pretty big trend in pretty much every lobby, regardless of the map size.  Before thanksgiving, when I played, yeah I'd run into people who wanted to quickscope, or just plain snipe, as I do on some maps, like that castle one whos name I can't remember, but it wasn't every game.  It didn't feel like the entire enemy team was sniping... well now it does.

Yes, it's stupid that quick scoping still exists.  It's stupid that even though they kept it, they make quick draw affect the ADS time of the snipers, and It's stupid that guns take 4 or 5 shots to kill, but a sniper regardless or how close, how far away, or in some cases, what you have on it, like a god damn suppressor, will 1 shot you, and theres nothing, other than riot shields, or vests that you can do to save yourself from it.

Lets not forget, getting hit markers with shotguns from 3 feet away. I've even went so far as to get more than 1 hit marker with shotguns before, and yet snipers are 1 shot kills from point blank?

One shot mechanics are stupid, and quite frankly ruin the game.  I can appreciate a good sniper, but when you're literally getting one shot regardless of who you're shot by, because everyone on the other team is using a sniper,  it's not fun at all.

What else one shots you may ask?  Dogs, Melee, Throwing Knives, and Snipers.

I guess you can throw shotties in there too.

You may think, "Huh, at some point maybe they will do something about sniping, and/or quick scoping."  Yeah, don't hold your breath.  We are still waiting for melee that isn't one shot kill, good netcode, and dedicated servers.

Paddi1
65 REPLIES 65

Yeah, I have noticed a huge increase in people running a Sniper class. After playing the last several Call of Duty games even I have resorted to trying a Sniper class.

DeeJay85

Stonehaven and Stormfront I ALWAYS use a sniper or MR. It would be suicide not too. Those maps are just too big for the player counts IMO.

On another note, I've been running the EBR with thermal and the muzzle break. WAY less kick and just as effective in my opinion.

ZvErS

I use a SMG on both those maps and do extremely well most of the time.

Vrruumm

I have yet to actually equip an SMG to a class. I have picked them up off the ground in game. You must flank like a mad man on those maps to survive!

ZvErS
Highlighted

Not really.  I run a route and patrol the area.  In TDM I can spawn trap them in either the castle or between the C-flag area and satellite crash area.

Vrruumm

Hmmm, what console do you play on? I swear, every time I play those two maps 95% are sniping. You do get the occasional LMG person with a thermal set up camp but otherwise, mostly sniping. I'm talking about core TDM and Domination. (Xone)

ZvErS

I do this when play TDM and KC.  I play on both the 360 and X1.

Vrruumm

I came over from PS3 and my only buddy who has an xone plays BF so if you ever want to team up, send me FR: xXZvErSXx

I usually play solo but it can be irritating as hell when you get stuck with clueless people.

ZvErS

some days their will be a lot of snipers but other days you see a lot of smg users etc etc.

And most snipers will stick to a small number of points. Keep those points in mind. You can beat them with other weapons. I use the M27 a lot and I can kill snipers long distance. Just learn their blindspots.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios