Its not just quickscoping, it's Sniping in General

Ghosts XBOX 360

There's a reason the Ghille suit was banned in MLG.

With map clutter as big of a problem as it is, the Ghille suit makes it INCREDIBLY easy to blend in with a bush or brush on the ground. Mix that with Incog and you could hide and entire game in an enemy spawn, tucked behind a bush, never seen.

The other thing about the Ghille suit is that even though it's bulkier, the hit detection areas stay the same. This means you may shoot a Ghille suit somewhere on the far arm, see you've hit him, but the shot doesn't register. This gives Ghilles an advantage. Drift0r did a video about this a while back.

Mix those with the fact it can be a pain to get for non-snipers - And it's pretty sought after.

DoggishDays

Why should the hit box increase?  It isn't like the player is getting fatter because of a suit.  If you are shooting the suit then you are not hitting the actual guy.

Vrruumm

You misunderstood.

The hit detection stays the same regardless of the suit is what I said. So if you were sniping, and you hit the far outside of the arm thinking it'll kill, it won't. It's deceiving, which is helpful.

DoggishDays

And that's the exact reason why I use it even when I am not sniping.

Run_N_Gunning_C

Its banned by MLG because EVERYTHING is banned by MLG. Bunch a crybabies.

gotsomestars Level 75
Highlighted

They ban Things for MLG because they want to make it balanced.  Banning Perks, Weps, etc. It part of the balance. MLG is supossed to to be Team Play and Gun Skill, not sitting around with IEDs or Noobtubes to get free kills.

Balance makes games fair, banning things is the only way to achieve balance.

Paddi1

Lol that's comedy right there. If both teams can use it, its balanced. Secondly if its balanced for the hundreds of thousands of other people its balanced for the 16 who think they are better. Plain and simple MLG players need crutches and special rules to be "good"

gotsomestars Level 75

I guess your 12 year old Logic can't wrap it's mind around MLG.  If the game was made balanced, there wouldn't be any need to ban weapons.  The fact that theres weapons that just straight drop people is stupid, and it would be extremely stupid to allow them in competetive play.

I don't see how banning the OP weapons is a crutch that makes Pros good. If the good weapons aren't usable, we use whats left.  the guns that aren't the best.  The guns that take maybe an extra bullet to down someone.  Doesn't seem like a crutch at all.

And again, the banning of equipment and such, is just to put more emphases on Gun v Gun.

Paddi1

Maybe you should be more careful when moving around the map so you don't get noob tubed.....

This is what bothers me about picking and choosing. Maybe the people getting owned by these "cheap", "unbalanced" things need to use there damn brains when playing a competitive shooter. Just an opinion....

ZvErS

zvers wrote:

I don't get the infatuation with the gillie suit. It makes you look bulkier, hence a bigger target IMO.

The problem is it's only the skin and not the character model.

That's why they move funny when they run... Size L character model with a size XXL skin. Plus, the hit boxes are unchanged... that's why it's seemingly harder to kill them. The hit boxes aren't where you think they should be based on the skin.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Studios