Perks not always working...

Ghosts XBOX 360

Highlighted

I am not the only one to notice this, but it can only be truly tested when using wiretap or with an enemy in chat with you, but sometimes perks just flat out don't register. I have always thought this when using blast shield. I play hc dom mostly and I notice sometimes for about 2-5 lives a perk just won't work. I brought it up to one of my friends and he noticed the same thing but on wiretap. He will be running the perk then hears "enemy sitcom" and no minimap updates. So I tried the same thing and sure enough, sometimes it just doesn't work then after a few deaths it starts working again. As I stated it is extraordinarily obnoxious capping a flag right after you spawned getting tubed and dying knowing they don't have dc on(I asked him in lobby and I go back to the flag, same dude launches multiple tubes as I cap it, and  don't die).

Either way, I was curious if anyone else has noticed this or pays close enough attention to notice.

Makellos
10 REPLIES 10

I stopped using wiretap because it never seemed to work for me. Plus it doesn't counter the ground jammer like I thought it should.

Tactics74

Makellos wrote:

I am not the only one to notice this, but it can only be truly tested when using wiretap or with an enemy in chat with you, but sometimes perks just flat out don't register. I have always thought this when using blast shield. I play hc dom mostly and I notice sometimes for about 2-5 lives a perk just won't work. I brought it up to one of my friends and he noticed the same thing but on wiretap. He will be running the perk then hears "enemy sitcom" and no minimap shows up. So I tried the same thing and sure enough, sometimes it just doesn't work then after a few deaths it starts working again. As I stated it is extraordinarily obnoxious capping a flag right after you spawned getting tubed and dying knowing they don't have dc on(I asked him in lobby and I go back to the flag, same dude launches multiple tubes as I cap it, and  don't die).

Either way, I was curious if anyone else has noticed this or pays close enough attention to notice.

With Wiretap... your team has to have a Sat Com out and up when the enemy places one down in order for it to work.

In my experience, Blast Shield seems to work inconsistently but I also think when I die while wearing it in HC DOM... the tube was very close or even a direct hit. Splash damage does nothing.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

It seems you should understand how perks work before saying they don't. Blast Shield in HC is going to be iffy, as your health is lower to begin with. A direct shot is more likely to Gib you than hurt you.

Wiretap is an Awareness perk introduced in Call of Duty: Ghosts. It allows the player to use enemy SAT COMs as if they were on the friendly team. The SAT COMs will stack up with each other as long as the player's team already have a friendly SAT COM on the ground; if the player's team has only one SAT COM, but the enemy has three, the player using this perk will gain the "Advanced UAV" effect from all 4 SAT COMs. It will work in Hardcore as long as there at least one SAT COM anywhere on the ground. It costs 3 perk points to equip.

When playing in free for all mode, the SAT COMs effects will be reduced, I.E.: one SAT COM gives a UAV, two

gives a faster UAV and three gives an advanced UAV.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

You clearly have not played much hc with blast shield on... most the time you can teabag an ied and not die, but then out of the blue, right after you spawn, you run through an ied an die first hit. I can usually run through about 3 ieds before the 4th gets me. Other times it is first one. And the other point about satcoms... not sure what your saying there.

Makellos

Point is you have to have one up on your team to hack an enemy. So the times it isn't working for you, it may be that one isn't up.

And just saying that in HC you can't count on it saving you all the time. Some blasts will be enough to kill you. I've seen it enough.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I get the sat com point, I may have mis spoke or mislead, meant to say that mini map doesn't update when hearing enemy sat com spotted. Not that I don't get a mini map. I updated the main point to address that.

Now to the blast shield point, I get that some blasts are enough, but that I believe, is only to health not restoring. That is why I have made a point to stand on an ied after spawning to just get a tickle,  then that same snipers ied after spawning and get blown to smithereens.

Makellos

Also I have noticed in the game winning kill cam being lit up when I have incog on... asked the killer if he saw me lit up and he responded yes.

Either way I was curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Makellos

I wear Incog a lot.. haven't noticed this being a problem.

I know that sometimes I forget what I have on a class. There have been times I was sure I had OTG on and got mad when someone found me with a SatCom in the air, only to realize I had equipped a different class.

But would be interested to hear if anyone has experienced this. Makes me wonder if you were near someone not wearing incog...

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Ran into this also. Had blind eye, Incognito, Off the Grid(my camping loadout) and got killed. Watched the kill cam cause I wondered who shot me? And his thermal had me glowing white! The second time it happened I was really mad. There was no one around me. All by my lonesome. So maybe there's a glitch?

Hellsoutcast311

Studios