Please Nerf IEDs

Ghosts XBOX 360

Claymores and Bouncing Betties have always been a degenerate way to get kills. They do nothing for the game besides promote camping and random, lucky kills. They have never done anything good for any CoD title. Why then, did we get a piece of equipment more powerful and cheap than either the Claymore or the Bouncing Betty? IEDs blend in with every texture in the game (textures in this game are god awful.) They can be thrown like C4. They blow up nearly instantly and have a ridiculous blast radius. Unlike bouncing betties, you can't quickly go prone to avoid them.

Either increase the delay before explosion or decrease the blast radius and damage. Preferably do all of these things as IEDs are degenerate ways to get kills that do nothing but hinder the overall gameplay experience.

iTzSurreal
94 REPLIES 94

They don't need a nerf... the thrown explosives and tacticals could use a buff. They are currently useless against them. Thrown a grenade into small rooms filled with IEDs and get lucky to take out one... and no.. not interested in equipping danger close. Lethal Grenades should have some use with or without the perk. As it stands now, IEDs are far more powerful than any other explosive.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75
in reply to NiceDrewishFela

They need a slight nerf to the detection system, I am detected by these things when I am no where near it, and then when I finally get to where it is I am blown to bits. It should work the same as bouncing betties when you are literally on top of it then it should detect you and explode not when your 10 feet away.

Deleted User
Highlighted

I'm an older player so sitrep works for me. Besides the run and gun i have noticed that you really have to be mindful and take it down a notch or you will find yourself giving someone an aweful lot of kills. Its like any other explosive in the last 4 installments. once you figure out a remedy for them they become a non issue!

Kolydiscope

Actually, if the Canister Bombs were able to be thrown a longer distance, they would be awesome!  Those things are nasty powerful!

YO VLUD

Yeah those things are insane.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I find C4 to have a crazy blast radius, I would be in favor of an explosive buff. With LMGs and SMGs. Tubes have sucked now for years.

BU773TPROOF

IEDs are definitely weaker and easier to evade than the pervious trigger explosives. Your guys whining is out of this world. If IW actually did what all of you ask every single gun and every single explosive would be nerfed. It would take 20 shots to get a kill and 2 explosives to kill a person.

Snipers need something to cover their back. IEDs are that something.

My other suggestion would be to just use sitrep.

Runandgunerring
in reply to Runandgunerring

IEDs are definitely weaker and easier to evade than the pervious trigger explosives. Your guys whining is out of this world. If IW actually did what all of you ask every single gun and every single explosive would be nerfed. It would take 20 shots to get a kill and 2 explosives to kill a person.

Snipers need something to cover their back. IEDs are that something.

My other suggestion would be to just use sitrep.

Can we turn this into a discussion of how to avoid them then?  That might make this thread a little more productive.  I don't mean that sarcastically -- I'd really like to understand how they are easier to avoid that bouncing betties, which by the end of BLOPS2 were almost nonfunctional because everyone was so ingrained in the habit of slamming to prone.

CurliestRogue0
in reply to CurliestRogue0

They are definitely trickier to avoid than Betties or Clays.

A few things that have worked-

Listen for that beep and get back around the corner... FAST. Usually saves a death or two.

Test the walls- Many walls can be shot through without any mods to your gun. Nothing better than shooting them through a wall and killing the guy who planted it.

Sit Rep is on every class I have... Was so glad to unlock it as they are not as easy to spot.

I have found their blast radius is unpredictable. Sometimes I will be far away and shoot them... and still get killed. Other times I will feel like I am right on top of them and survive the blast.

They are tricky to take out and avoid... but perhaps that is the balance. Betties and Clays were so easy to avoid, at times they weren't worth using.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios