Please Nerf IEDs

Ghosts XBOX 360

Last I checked you didn't need amplify and dead silence to counter an IED - only blast shield OR sitrep.......should mean you only lose ONE of the other perks you listed. Unless you're using an LMG, sleight of hand would be a great swap for either blast shield OR sitrep - that should help.

Audiophile1

Sure, but DS is required (not to counter ieds ) unless you want everyone in the opposing team to know exactly where you are. I can hear ppl across over half the map when they are not using DS.

Imo I.E.D.S got abit too long range, you should be able to outrun it without runperks as you can't go prone with it like the bouncing betty.

kerk3r

Then keep dead silence and dump sleight of hand. Like I said - unless you're running with an LMG, it should NOT make that much of a difference.

Audiophile1

I didn't mean that I run with all of those perks, just that those are the ones I commonly use for different class setups.

kerk3r

Bottom line - IED's are NOT OP - they have several counters to either avoid them or make it so they inflict minimal damage. Just because you refuse to change your perks and loadouts to accommodate for them does not make them OP. Do I like them? No....but they are a part of the game just as claymores were and thermobaric grenades are - both of which killed me TONS more than IED's. Adjust your class / gameplay and they are NOT that hard to deal with......

Audiophile1

kerk3r wrote:

Whenever I use them they stack up loads of kills but I prefer to have more perks instead.

Says he prefers MORE perks, but refuses to use the 2 that would solve his problem.

Shows the intelligence level we are working with........

propipe

the more I read this post, the more I feel sick by what the OP says............

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

IEDs have already been nerfed, they definitely do not need another nerf.  I liked them the first time, and I use them all the time now.

I don't expect kills from them, I use them as a detection.

crazy canuk

Same here, they might get the odd kill, but I largely either use them either to distract or detect.

The only thing I think need slighty tweaking about IEDs is the fact that there are a number of 'props' in the maps (such as a trash can in Tremor) where you can throw the IED and it magically falls right through it rather than attaching to it / sitting on top.  The trash can then partially obsecures it from view (from anyone not using sitrep).  I've found quite a few of these sort of things in a number of the maps, which is a bit naughty.

admunday

I have found good ways to ensure a kill almost every time.  People just need to learn how to use them, which I am assuming those who get killed by them have not yet learnt.

crazy canuk

Studios