Please Nerf IEDs

Ghosts XBOX 360

They DO have EMP grenades. It's called the 9 bang.

propipe

gotta disagree... IEDs are very tactical when placed properly and not just thrown randomly. Just slow down and keep an eye out for them. if you run the perk that allows you to see them, they can also point the way to some easy kills on campers. it also allows you to see and destroy other equipment  (ammo crates, body armor drops, etc.)

AoA_AgentK

I'm sorry but tactical placement of an IED requires about as much intelligence as your average rug. Place it over the door behind your back to protect you while you camp or place it on a spawn point. It's the fact that you plant it and then run away and it kills that makes it unbalanced/cheap.

Sure, SitRep and Blast Shield are counters, but besides countering IEDs SitRep is nearly useless. With Blast Shield, you will be at one shot - oh and the camper will now know where you are. Even SitRep gives away your position to some extent. The fact is, neither SitRep or Blast Shield are very good counters. Plus, it's just silly that you would be forced to pick a perk to counter something as cheap as the IED.

I feel like most people complaining about IEDs are those that survive and get kills only because they camp with an IED protecting their back.

For those dissing MLG rules, there's a reason pros are pros and you're not. I'm even going to attempt to say I am anywhere near being pro as it would be ignorant, but it would also be ignorant for any one of you to say that you know more about this game than those that spend days practicing for events - people that collaborate together to come out with the most balanced rule set possible. The thing is those that participate in MLG events know more about balance and skilled gameplay than any average joe or casual player. It's a fact. Experience and practice gives you knowledge and skill (this is something the CoD community doesn't understand.)

iTzSurreal

the I e d does not kill at all they don't do enough damage to kill the reason you are dieing is because they most likely gave up 4 of there perks to have increased damage

tonystark1284
in reply to tonystark1284

IEDs are in the "LETHAL" section because they are lethal and kill in one blast if you put them in the right spot.

VECTORdude

You have 100 health the I E D does 90 lethel damage with ou any perk boosting it THAT IS NOT A ENOUGH KILL YOU WITH FULL HEALTH

tonystark1284

Source Call of duty Ghost Strategie Guide PG 113 under game mechanics Damage section. The ied is listed in the equipment section PG 155 it does 96 damage the only way it will kill you is if it hits you in the center in most cases if you are not wounded and don't walk directly over it you will live

tonystark1284

To constitently kill with the ied you need that perk witch is expensive costing 4 perk slots

tonystark1284

They also are the weakest of all of the lethal equipment FRAG and SEMTEX do real lethal damage At 102 The C-4 and the canister bomb lethal damage 171 The ied only does 96

I cant beleave that we are even have this discussion about nerfing the weakest thing. Less nerf the weakest thing WOW

tonystark1284

But it does

VECTORdude

Studios