Pro's playing against amateurs? why

Ghosts XBOX 360

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

I am more in favor of Random Matchmaking.. quicker and more diverse. I find that I get a good mix... some matches are easy, some are competitive... and some I just downright get beaten.

New Players have Squads to really learn the flow of the game... and still level up. You don't get better playing against other bad or new  players.  On the opposite side, It can be fun sometimes to not have to grind out every match. Sometimes a good beatdown is enjoyable.

If its happening every match... you aren't challenging yourself enough.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Yeah I love when I spawn/die the entire match and go 3-50. Look at how much I'm learning, I tell myself. This is a riot. Haven't even pulled the trigger in the last 20 deaths! Ooh, I went 5 feet that time! WEEEEE!

BS you can't get better playing against lesser opponents. What a bunch of crap that is.

TKizzy

So yeah, you need to read that again. I never said playing against lesser opponents made one better. It was the other way around.

If you are going 5-30 and spawning and dying all the time.. you are doing something seriously wrong. Get into some Squads or a Private Match with the Bots and figure it out.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

"You don't get better playing against other bad or new  players."  <--- This is exactly what you said.

Yes you do. What do you think bots are?

TKizzy

You had stated that I said good players get better playing against worse players... in which you were wrong.

The Bots in this game are better than 75% of the players out there, they are a great learning tool.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I quit reading at the part where try hard as  inserted into the conversation.

Despising cheaters since 1970
bighead14701 Level 75

I concur, that was a bit odd, but his point was still valid even if the syntax wasn't.

Blacksheep0111

As try hard? You stopped reading but you had to make an inane comment. Typical of the button bashing TRY HARDS I've come to expect posting here.

mrmullock

You don't do anybody favors by insulting them.  Your point loses a lot of credibility.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

It's just a poorly defined, borderline meaningless term that only gets thrown around by people who are all fired up because they got beat.  It doesn't do anything to further your argument.

Anyhow, I also find myself frustrated by lopsided wins, with one or two guys basically carrying the rest of their team.  The good news is that it seems to be better now than it was at launch.  The first few weeks, I never saw anything other than complete blowouts.  TDM matches ending 75-15, crazy stuff like that.  It's still not perfect, but I haven't seen anything like that in a while.

Most of my TDM lobbies have kdr's from the bottom of the barrel up to 1.5 or 2.  Without hard statistics, it's hard to say whether that's a reasonable range or not.  Maybe there just aren't enough people with a 2+ kd to fill out lobbies?  And even then, where do you draw the line?  3.x with 3.x, 2.x with 2.x, and 1.x with 1.x, etc?

CurliestRogue0

Studios