Pro's playing against amateurs? why

Ghosts XBOX 360

I agree 100% with this and I believe skill base matchmaking is the biggest thing wrong with ghost.

I love the larger maps, I like the weapons (not perfect but they're ok)

But multiplayer lobbies are dominated by one or two players in a 12 player lobby; so we have a game designed to be enjoyed by only 2 players out of every 12

Frenchy_68

If playing against lesser opponent is so great then why has no one answered why the MMA doesn't go to high schools to practice bashing brains in ( I'm sure the students would get better with there brains caved in ) or why the NFL doesn't practice against weekend warriors? It seems odd that people ( I use that term loosely  when talking about the yard apes that mostly play these games and comment here) defend the practice of ( self described) pro's getting matched up with amateurs. Yadda yadda it makes you better, so the New England Patriots should be practicing against the local high school teams and practicing at full force? I know you keeners like to play lesser players because it makes you feel superior and in your little world its all you've got and playing players with similar skills would take that away from you but as I said earlier we all want to enjoy the game we bought and paid for except of course the little ones that had mommy or daddy  buy it for them.

mrmullock

I'll make it simple for you.

You have to be drafted or get a try out to join the NFL.

You have to qualify for MMA.

Anyone can buy this game and play it how they want. They can try to qualify for MLG or play Game Battles if they want.

When I play with friends, we tend to dominate most matches. I have a 1.4 K/D and tend to be amongst the top scorers. Not a one of us would ever be mistaken for "Pros", but we coordinate, we communicate, we have fun, we work well together.

You just don't want to be told you have to improve at something. You want things handed to you. You want to win every match.

This is life. There is ALWAYS someone better out there. You can choose to put your big boy pants on and do your best to improve and compete, or you can complain about it.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Seeing as read and comprehending are not your strong points I'll re-post this for you. You still haven't answered a single question but if yapping like a Chihuahua is what turns you on yap away.

I play Free for all 90% of the time and with 8 players there is usually 1 or 2  (self proclaimed ) pro players that have  K/D's of 3.0 or higher matched up against .345's or .500's and the 3.0 usually gets  a 30 - 2 win. When on the odd occasion the there is an equal matching of skills there is a hard fought battle and multiple players end up with 25- 20 or 28-22 and rarely are there 0-24 or 2 - 20 fun for all. But who wants that ? It's much better for the whole game when slaughters take place, Right?  How hard would it be to match up 1.50 and lower and keep 1.51  on upwards with the higher skilled players?

I don't want to win every game and in fact I could care less if I ever win. What I want are fair matches where all can compete and at least have a chance to win. There is zero chance for most players to win against the self proclaimed pro's ( self proclaimed because it's them that claim they're pro's) and 99.999% get paid zippo to play COD so self proclaimed is apt.

Children like you always want to pretend they're all grown up and puff their little chests out when confronted ( it's so cute) Stay in school, put down the controller and get out in the real world if your mommy will let you.

mrmullock

You lose all credibility when you call a grown man a Child. You have a lot of growing to do yourself. You can't get through an argument without insulting someone, as proven on this thread. You have the audacity to call me a Child when you are throwing terms out there like "Try-Hard". 

As I have stated earlier in the thread, anyone who is winning by that much needs to challenge themselves more. When you run into it... say good game.. back out.. and find another lobby.

Here is the thing.... K/D isn't always the best indicator. Someone could have a high K/D from laying in corners on DOM or another Objective. Someone could have a Low K/D for being an aggressive Objective player.  So even sorting by K/D isn't going to always work. I don't play FFA anymore, but when I used to I was stubborn. I would often stay in lobbies where I got spanked and try to beat the best player. I often failed, but you better believe I improved every match.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

You continue to yap like a small dog without answering a single question I posed ( sign of a small child). Using words like credibility doesn't make you sound all grown up but answering questions without belittling someone does. You yapped about big boy pants and if your old enough to know what that means I'm sure you should be able to grasp the concept of question and answer. Not that I'd expect that from you because you've already proven yourself incapable of responding sensibly. I'm sure you have lots of little followers here hanging on your every word and that gives you your chihuahua  like attitude but it means zippo to me. I could care less about what you personally think of me or my questions but  your self important prose bores me.

mrmullock

Your attitude just plain stinks. At no point in this thread have I belittled or attacked you, and I have answered your questions(Many which are condescending and Rhetorical). But I will break it down if you want.

Do high school football players play try hard NFL teams? No, they don't. They aren't old enough or qualified. But pretty sure every HS player is working hard in the hopes of one day making the NFL.

Do high school wrestlers fight try hard pro MMA stars? No, they are Greco-Roman Wrestlers and fight other HS competition.

Do beer league hockey players  play against a pro team out to destroy them? No, again you have to be in the Pro League to play in the Pro League. People can't just go out and buy that for $60.

but do .345 or ..500's K/D players get matched up with 4.95's and 3.78's in all COD games? Occasionally, sure. But it depends on the game mode, who you are playing with, etc, etc.  But all of those players bought the same game, and everyone has the same opportunity and tools to succeed.

We all want to enjoy this game but how much fun is being slammed to the floor each time we play by those that consider themselves pro players for the amateur player or weekend player? How do you know they consider themselves "Pro"? And Aren't games supposed to challenge you? Isn't that why we play them?  Are we to believe that every FFA lobby has this happening... all the time... all day long?

Why don't the pro players play players with similar skills? True "Pros" do. Just because someone is good at the game doesn't make them Pro. They have the right to enjoy the game just as much as you do.

Is it because it makes them feel less superior or the little darling need their ego inflated? So, anyone good at the game or who has a good match is desperate for attention? You are assuming a lot about other players.

But who wants that ? It's much better for the whole game when slaughters take place, Right?  How hard would it be to match up 1.50 and lower and keep 1.51  on upwards with the higher skilled players? Harder than you think, actually. Match-making in BO2 really became a mess. In games with a less fragmented community, the skill based match-making would work fine. In a community where people play a variety of game modes across the world, it causes problems. And then you get players altering their stats in order to do the things you describe in this thread. Every game mode has bad apples. The problem with FFA is... you are on your own. You don't have a team to work with to beat higher level players. So... let's say they put your theory into place. Wouldn't the 1.5 K/D guys by your measure still whip up on the .5 K/D guys?  In a perfect world it might work out, but I don't see it working here.

You asked, we answered. Because someone doesn't agree 100% with you doesn't mean they aren't "responding sensibly".

Ultimately, I also recommend rising to the challenge. Just because someone is good at the game doesn't mean they are "Try Hards" or "Pros". They are allowed to enjoy the game as well. If they are acting childish, be the bigger person, say "Good Game", and find another Lobby.

Have a nice day.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

You finally got around to answer the questions and although I don't agree with any of your answers as you missed the points completely you at least made an attempt. Now I do have issues with your opening statement that you in no way belittled or attacked me I have some of your quotes to follow.

"You just don't want to be told you have to improve at something. You want things handed to you. You want to win every match."

"This is life. There is ALWAYS someone better out there. You can choose to put your big boy pants on and do your best to improve and compete, or you can complain about it. "

"You lose all credibility when you call a grown man a Child. You have a lot of growing to do yourself. You can't get through an argument without insulting someone, as proven on this thread. You have the audacity to call me a Child when you are throwing terms out there like "Try-Hard".  "

"Your attitude just plain stinks."

I used the term "Try Hard" to dumb down the complaint to a level where I thought most of the children on this site could understand my sentiments. I in no way new that it is now a faux pas to use such a term and in the future I'll use a more politically correct one. Is it now keener, zealot, poser, dero, wannabe or bogan?

mrmullock

lol and none of those are a direct attack on you. Sensitive much?

You have proven in this thread that you don't want to be told to improve. You just want the game to come to your level. I am just commenting on what you have said.

Pointing out that there is always someone better out there is the truth. Men know that they have to get up and rise to the challenge. That is what is meant when the term "big boy pants" is used.

And you DO lose credibility when you sink to insults. Read the other comments on this thread. People stop caring about your issue the moment you start insulting people. Every response contrary to your opinion you have insulted or belittled.

And your attitude does stink. The proof is in this thread.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Here mate have a beer or if that's not your style I live in Holland and kush is readily available. Either/or and you won't even notice who's good or bad

Ss78_

Studios