Riot Shield, C4 combo

Ghosts XBOX 360

I honestly don't think it's working as intended. When you throw the C4 from behind the shield, it animates on the throwers screen the shield dropping, but it doesn't drop for everyone else. Half the time it animates nothing but a C4 popping out of nowhere. Something is fishy about it... I still find it funny though when I see them.  Free kills if you don't let them get close.

TourettesGuy03

This is making Search and Destroy not fun fix your game...

xJolt

or...make sure you have blastshield on.

Half-Megatron

or you realize that everyone doing this is using danger close so you're just wasting perks equipping blast shield

amathyx

or you realize that there is a thing called concussion grenades,or  that you are playing the game with 5 other people on your team...if you can beat a riotshield player please turn your game in. Learn to have more than one class. They are fine, its you that just suck at killing them.

Half-Megatron

you're an idiot lol

you obviously do not play domination

amathyx

I do and have yet to see a RS user have any success whatsoever. Danger Close Pro Pipes FTW, never leave home without em.

Bielsalmighty

Infinity Ward has already provided numerous methods to counteract this class, which only poses a significant threat in SnR/SnD since outside SnR/SnD it's a one-trick pony with two C4s. It's hardly IW's fault if the players fail to take advantage of existing game mechanics!

Generally speaking, you don't want to approach a shielder head-on in close proximity if you think he might still have C4 handy, so keep your distance. The Riot Shield in Ghosts always leaves the user's feet vulnerable, even if the shielder is crouched and looking down. If you prone and shoot their feet, there is little the shielder can do unless he or she reacts very fast; you can also pre-aim their arm, which becomes exposed when the shielder readies any equipment behind the shield.

1. Have a class on standby with Off the Grid, Dead Silence, and Amplify. Most shielders rely on their radars and don't typically have room in their Loadouts for Dead Silence and/or Amplify (*especially* if they're running Danger Close), giving you the advantage in detection and hopefully the element of surprise. Nine out of ten times, this is all it takes defeat a shielder. Most shielders are just copying what they've seen work against them and don't have enough in-depth knowledge of the game to fight back.

2. Throw C4 over the shielder's head. Strong Arm, Reflex and DC are helpful, but aren't necessary if you're fast enough. You can run your own Riot Shield for this purpose if you really want. You can Overkill it with an AR or an SMG if you're just counter-shielding. Blast Shield won't save you from Danger Closed C4, but if paired with a shield of your own, Blast Shield can help you win a C4 duel.

3. Trophy Systems render C4 harmless. Reflex is helpful, but not needed if you know what to expect. Concussion grenades are another Tactical Equipment which makes shooting around the shield easy also.

4. Teamwork is key. Call of Duty is still a team game. Call-out shielders as soon as you see them so every else can be prepared. (If you're playing with randoms, good luck... randoms are prone to folding as soon as a halfway competent shield hits the lobby in SnR/SnD because unlike you, they haven't read this post! )

Note: I made this same post on DenKirson and GameFAQs about this subject with minor edits in both cases.

AlterVision

what you are saying will fall on deaf ears, they dont want to use trophy systems/stun grenades/blastshield they want to be able to beat every outcome in the game with the one class they run.

Half-Megatron

I am just going to post the same thing here as i did in the other thread about this since all of the post i made is applicable to here as well.

How about you leave both the C4 and riot shield alone and learn to play against it like a good evolving player instead of acting like all the other thumb sucking, want their hand held all the time whiners?

IW is taking off the training wheels this game so you have to start fending for yourself. They should not be obligated by every whiner to change things just because the player cant beat it or gets killed by it all the time.

They finally made the riot shield actually worth using this time and i think that is why you have problem. In previous games, it was just about pointless to use the shield considering how easy it was to kill the people using it. But now with all these combos, it actually looks worthwhile to use and since you are complaining about it like that, that only gives more incentive to use it.

Key thing here, who cares? I have only seen 1 person since the day of release use a riot shield and get a kill with it. It is NOT an epidemic that needs a cure. It is fine the way it is.

KT Phoenix

Studios