Sniper Rifle + ACOG

Ghosts XBOX 360

Is my soldier completely wasted or was the ACOG supposed to have absurd amounts of sway when attached to a sniper rifle?

Meanwhile I stick an ACOG on a marksman rifle of similar size and there's no sway.

On a related note, has anyone figured out how to unlock the tactical turd polish?

Thanks!

CBlue413
12 REPLIES 12

I also tried the acog on the sniper rifle to be exact it was the L115 and it just down right sucks. I stopped using the sniper rifle all together because it seems to me like ill have my crosshairs right on the person in the middle of their body and ill shoot...the damn thing wont even hit them and in other cases ill have the crosshairs to right or left of them and get a head shot....is there a way to zero these snipers lol. Im now only using the IA2 with the thermal scope and burst. I find this really effective with take down power and accuracy. So no its not your character the sniping on this game is just way off no matter what attachments and perks you use.

sawgunnerspc

use focus perk with acog-goes hard

FishyDizzle

VKS with A-cog is that jamboree.  Pretty quick fire rate, so can get more than one off if you have too.  I use it like the KSG or similar slug shot gun, but, you can hit some decently long shots if you can work through that sway ( which is still high with focus, but is helped).  Like with the KSG, I do quick aim's to hit the first shot, never really aiming down the sights for long enough to be thrown by the sway.

Side note:  With said set-up, when aiming down sights with out focus, feels like your guy is drunk.

SrgntMerkWorthy

The ACOG basically removes any ADS time. This trick was heavily used in Black Ops II to allow players to QS and it's carried over to Ghosts. I've actually seen killcams where people are in the process of ADSing when the shoot and they fire dead center leaving me to believe that an ACOG attachment allows for players to QS without having to time their shots.

Ghamorra Level 75

dont even dare turn this convo into a qs argument thread.

FishyDizzle

I'm not, but this is primarily what the ACOG used for. It allows for faster ADS so why wouldn't QSers throw it on?

Ghamorra Level 75

I snipe more than any other gun and no one i know chooses acog over traditional unless its for variety for a clip etc.Its harder to use IMo.

FishyDizzle

right as far as that goes, you dont see many people using that sight to QS because it really holds no advantage.  When you are aimed in the chances of you missing a shot compared to with the regular scope are higher.  It is less accurate, but for me funner to use.

SrgntMerkWorthy

And you are wrong.  The ADS time for the USR and L115 is 0.4.  The ADS time for the same rifles with ACOG is ...... 0.4.  Where you are semi right is it does reduce ADS time for the Lynx and VKS, BUT  hardly.  It takes it from the normal time of  .4 to .45.  I cannot tell the difference, with the sway it comes with. 

Furthermore, try " quick scoping" with any one of them with ACOG.  It is harder than you are making it out to be.

SrgntMerkWorthy

Studios