Snipers are Underpowered

Ghosts XBOX 360

Snipers are Underpowered

I know a lot of people will see this and immediately think of a time they got quick scoped and unconsciously reply that I am wrong without reading what I have to say. For those of you that have read this far, I thank you. Now lets get into the facts: Sniper rifles were made to give you an advantage at long range yes? Correct! Now, do they give you the advantage in a long range situation? Not most of the time. The reason for this is because say an AR user and a sniper rifle user see each other across the map, your first instinct says hey, the guy with the sniper will win! But the sad truth is this is not the case. AR"s and sniper rifles have about the same, if not the same ADS time. What does this mean? It means since the sniper will have to hold their breath it will make them take a good .5 seconds to get their shot on the AR user.( NOT counting the time it took to ADS) Now in the AR user's case, he has half a second lead to shoot first ( which isn't that hard to do if you have a decent pair of hands ) So in the end the assault rifle user gets the first shot off hence the sniper completely loses his aim and must adjust it. But by that time if the AR user is using a very accurate AR or is burst firing, this means that the user who holds the so called "best gun for long range" Just lost in a completely fair long range gun fight.

To summarize: Sniper rifles are not good for long range unless they are already scoped in on that little area. Sniper rifles are not good for close range except for quick scoping which even if you never miss a shot, you will lose more than 50% of your gun fights because the focus perk doesn't work. Thanks for reading and reply with what you think should happen and tell me if I missed anything thanks!

-Good Guy Gysr

Gysr
35 REPLIES

Re: Snipers are Underpowered

Bump

Gysr

Nothing should happen.

NoLifeKing32

in reply to NoLifeKing32
Give reasons behind what you say or this conversation goes nowhere...
Gysr

I've been using snipers recently to fill the 4 kills with one clip operations in core and hardcore, and i have to say they are fine. Even in core, my silenced sniper is a 1HK centre mass. As a sniper i find a concealed vantage point, usually looking down an alleyway or over the map, ARs shouldn't be a problem since they don't know where you are, you've got the jump on them. That's how i use snipers anyway, the only time i'd see the ADS between an AR and Sniper being a problem is if you're not concealed or you're on the move, which is a bad idea.

MrCoates28210

in reply to MrCoates28210

where are these "concealed vantage points" that people don't notice? The only ones there are, are the obvious camping spots. For example I was playing dom on war hawk today and I was top Gina's and he was at antiques. He was using the maverick ( which is about as accurate as an SA ) and he was using a tracker sight. I was using the MA 2 ( new sniper ) and what happened was just like what i said in the original post. I doubt there are good places to camp with a sniper rifle...

Gysr

Camping is the purpose of a sniper, and war hawk is a good map for spots, the most obvious one being upstairs on the bakery. It (basically) only has one access point that you can put an I.E.D on, you get the view of the other (weaker) sniping spot swell as the alley and the window to the right that usually oversee's B point on domination. The second good spot in on the ground floor, on the main street with the shops on the right hand side you can go inside what looks like a diner, you get a view straight across the front one the bakery and a decent enough view of the main street.

For the tracker sight, you should probably be running incog, to keep you off thermal and target finders (i realised this after the big open Stonehenge like map).
That's just an example, there's some more decent maps for spots but then there's some bad ones, like the jungle like map with the tower, that one is a major pain to snipe properly on. I'll try and update you with more spots as i see them.

MrCoates28210

Well I do agree that the AR's in this game are way too easy to use, they basically have no recoil and do so much damage that even if they added recoil, you could still tap fire players in under a second. However, Sniper rifles in this game are too easy as well.. and no not because of quick-scoping; but because they are a OHK from the knee up (with CB).

IMO the AR's should at least more recoil (and more damage falloff) and the SR's should be OHK upper chest and up OR chest up w/CB (I would also increase firing rate)

TG-ThoMz

Snipers are by no means up they are just closer to working how they should have and being used as they are meant too. Not as some rng weapon but a distance support weapon.

A good sniper does not need to hold their breath to make an accurate shot. I hold my breath maybe 1 out of 10 kills and yet I get kills very easily with them with out the need to hold breath the rest of the time.

snipers are not meant to be good at close and short range. viable with the chance of a kill which they are but not effective and easy to kill with at those ranges.

So no they do not need any sort of buff at all.

trialstardragon Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

If you don't need to hold your breath you're obviously too close for sniper distance XD You contradicted yourself pretty bad.

Gysr

Studios